Auto-RX and oil changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mikie,

I'd add 5 qts of oil and the bottle of AutoRX ...it will provide more effective cleaning at a slightly stronger concentration.

Don't add AutoRX to the Amsoil - they already use certain types of organic esters in their basestock blend and I don't think it will do much of
anything ....They will not warranty the product if you start doctoring it with additives.

d-ester (which is synthetic) is what is in Amsoil
Natutal occuring esters are in Auto-Rx and once the engine is clean, any oil will perform, some
better than others. Fact is all oil gets dirty
it does not matter whose it is, 2 ounces of Auto-Rx in an oil change (after engine has been cleaned ) will keep your oil cleaner longer.

Ok, so add 2 ounces regardless of dino or synth. Got it.

What about the amounts though? If I have a 6 quart sump I'm supposed to add 14 ounces of RX. So you're saying after adding I should have a total of 6 quarts and 14 ounces in the pan when I'm done? Or should I have 6 quarts total including the RX? I only ask cause we all know that too much oil in the pan can be bad as well. I just want to make sure I do this just right.

Frank, thanks for the note. Helped alot.

Mikie

Here's a question that perhaps only Frank can answer. But, I don't want to keep pestering him...he's been kind enough to answer my previous questions.

Anyway, I understand how the whole process goes and that it is recommended to add 2 ounces of Auto-RX with every oil change. My question is...does this apply to all oil changes or only to those with dino oil?

Reason I am asking is that I plan on running Amsoil full synth once I clean the engine. Frank says that synth and Auto-RX compete for the same space on the metal. So, would adding those 2 ounces even be effective? Also, with Amsoil I plan on going at least the recommended 25,000 before changing and perhaps more if I decide to go with the oil analysis. (yes I'll be using a bypass filter setup) So, again will this 2 ounce even be effective considering that I'll be going at least 25,000 between changes?

Oh yeah, one final question...Frank said I am supposed to add 14 ounces to my engine. Do I compensate for this by only putting 5qts and 18 ounces of oil in it? Thanks!!

Mikie

Yes, no matter what you do, don't overfill the crankcase! (although 1/2 qt over is generally safe, depending on the engine)

"d-ester (which is synthetic) is what is in Amsoil"

Back in the seventies and early eighties they did use diesters, but they now use diesters only for some compressor oils.

The primary ester they use is Trimethylpropane (TMP) polyol ester.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back