Beck/Arnley Brake Rotors

Status
Not open for further replies.
From communication with Beck/Arnley, I've concluded that their 083-XXXX line of premium brake rotors are merely aftermarket rotors, not a reboxed OE product.

Does anyone have experience with these rotors? Are these hats painted?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Can you post your communication? What specifically did they say?

Did you ask them about a specific application, or just a general question about how they're sourced?

Judging by this thread (that you also posted in), they don't use the same Chinese rotors that you'll buy under many autoparts store brands, Raybestos, Wagner etc. At least that's the case for the application this person posted about.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2529964#Post2529964

Last edited:
I would rather not post e-mail communication online out of respect for the person who answered. Basically, I asked them what their strategy was for their rotor program and was told that OE level fit/function was the goal. His reply had no mention of sourcing the rotors specifically from OE partners like they do for their 089 line of pads.

Based on my research so far, my guess is that their rotor program is sourced by Fremax.

http://www.fremax.com.br/en/index.php?secao=produto1

Originally Posted By: The Critic
I would rather not post e-mail communication online out of respect for the person who answered. Basically, I asked them what their strategy was for their rotor program and was told that OE level fit/function was the goal. His reply had no mention of sourcing the rotors specifically from OE partners like they do for their 089 line of pads.

Based on my research so far, my guess is that their rotor program is sourced by Fremax.

http://www.fremax.com.br/en/index.php?secao=produto1

I was just going to say that the rotors posted in the thread I posted above appear to be Fremax rotors.

But, Fremax is an OE supplier, perhaps not for that application, but they are an OE brake rotor supplier. I would take a Fremax rotor over a Chinese rotor any day of the week.

Also, are you basing your assumption on just that one thread? I would suspect that not every application of B/A rotor comes from the same supplier.

I will also say that sending vague questions to parts companies often gets vague answers. Whenever I've asked about specific part numbers and countries of origin, all the companies I've emailed have given me straight answers. I've probably emailed parts companies about 20 times total and I think every time I received the country of origin info I was looking for.

But the one or two times I've asked vague questions without a specific part number, I've received vague, useless answers.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: stephen9666

I was just going to say that the rotors posted in the thread I posted above are clearly Fremax rotors.

But, Fremax is an OE supplier, perhaps not for that application, but they are an OE brake rotor supplier. I would take a Fremax rotor over a Chinese rotor any day of the week.

But, are you basing your assumption on just that one thread? I would suspect that not every application of B/A rotor comes from the same supplier.

I will also say that sending vague questions to parts companies often gets vague answers. Whenever I've asked about specific part numbers and countries of origin, all the companies I've emailed have given me straight answers. I've probably emailed parts companies about 20 times total and I think every time I received the country of origin info I was looking for.

If you go to the 7:50 point in this video, the rep discusses their brake rotor program:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjriVtzbmq8&feature=relmfu

They said 65-70% of their rotors come in that packaging. And he clearly states that they are from a company who are OE to Mitsubishi; Fremax's site proudly states they have been the OE supplier to Mitsubishi for a number of years.

Obligatory Chinese rotor warning:

rotor_warning.jpg

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
Obligatory Chinese rotor warning:

rotor_warning.jpg

Except in some cars, the OE rotor looks like the one on the left, and a premium Chinese rotor is more like the one on the right.

I have this problem with numerous Chrysler vehicles with a rotor built in Canada. They warp easily

That really irritates me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back