I found new way of clean grease under my nail

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work a job where I have to meet peoples and shake their hand alot. Anyway I love work on car, and I alway keep my finger nail short as I can, cause it easy to get dirt grease off. Anyway for the past few year I been using that orange stuff with brush, on heavy grease it can take up 2 day with alot hand washing and brushing before it total gone. I also try few other popular hand cleaner also but none give me clean result right away. Well yesterday my finger nail was full of dirt grease stuff, I desire to wash my truck, using armor all wash/wax ( orange looking kind ), after done washing my truck, my finger nail is whistly white and clean and no dry skin
smile.gif

I know it sound silly about finger nail cleaning, but I finally found a best way to clean it
smile.gif

You should use BlueMagic 5215 Invisible Glove.

It does a really good job of keeping the dirt/grease/grime from getting into the pores and nails.

Originally Posted By: Gabe
You should use BlueMagic 5215 Invisible Glove.

It does a really good job of keeping the dirt/grease/grime from getting into the pores and nails.

tbh mabe this my fault to cause finger nails dirty, cause I dont like glove , it feel like it in the way or something, I have mechanic brand glove, but rarely use it
eek.gif
. other glove I use it alway tear up and allow dirty to get in anyway, but I give bluemagic a try.

Yea but now you spread all that dirt and grease all over that poor truck's paint of yours.
33.gif

It's the constant water contact + rubbing on the mitt you were using that got the job done, not the Armor all car wash soap. LOL.

I am not into wearing gloves either. Mechanics of rubber. I usually soak my hands in dawn and vinegar mixed with the warmest water my hands can handle. That usually does a good job as loosening the grease. Also, it helps to keep your nails cliped and short. Less area for it to find its way into

Thanks for the advice! My car could use a good wash

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
I work a job where I have to meet peoples and shake their hand alot. Anyway I love work on car, and I alway keep my finger nail short as I can, cause it easy to get dirt grease off. Anyway for the past few year I been using that orange stuff with brush, on heavy grease it can take up 2 day with alot hand washing and brushing before it total gone. I also try few other popular hand cleaner also but none give me clean result right away. Well yesterday my finger nail was full of dirt grease stuff, I desire to wash my truck, using armor all wash/wax ( orange looking kind ), after done washing my truck, my finger nail is whistly white and clean and no dry skin
smile.gif

I know it sound silly about finger nail cleaning, but I finally found a best way to clean it
smile.gif

Which nail was this on? Would this tip work on the other nine nails too?

Just hold your nails in front of the pressure washer nozzle, get them cleaned & trimmed(off) in one operation...

I usually scrape out what I can of the grease that gets under my nails and then get in the shower and scrub the devil out of my hair with the tips of my fingers. The shampoo and scrubbing gets the rest.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
I just use a little hand cleaner, warm water and a scrub brush. It takes about a minute to get them clean.

Light grease yes, but heavy grease like after doing rear diff cover change, it could take 2 day until it complete clean.

Mabe what I do next is, get a bow , mix water and hand cleaner and dip both hand into it for couple min, and crub under running water. and repeat until it gone.

I just use a little hand cleaner, warm water and a scrub brush. It takes about a minute to get them clean.

Light grease yes, but heavy grease like after doing rear diff cover change, it could take 2 day until it complete clean.

That is simply not true. I've been up to my elbows in filth from tractor engines, transmissions and rear ends, and always been able to remove it from my nails with hand cleaner, warm water and a little scrub brush.

That is simply not true. I've been up to my elbows in filth from tractor engines, transmissions and rear ends, and always been able to remove it from my nails with hand cleaner, warm water and a little scrub brush.

mabe you talking about just clean, since I shake my hand with new peoples every day, I want my to be clear white under the nail, and not a single black, grease or grease stain under it, every bit have to come out.

and after I use brush and hot water, I found my hand have so much dry skin sticking out.

but some how the soup they use in car wash stuff, after wash my truck my finger is complete white and no dry skin sticking out.

Mabe I need to use glove more often
smile.gif

mabe you talking about just clean, since I shake my hand with new peoples every day, I want my to be clear white under the nail, and not a single black, grease or grease stain under it, every bit have to come out.

and after I use brush and hot water, I found my hand have so much dry skin sticking out.

but some how the soup they use in car wash stuff, after wash my truck my finger is complete white and no dry skin sticking out.

Mabe I need to use glove more often
smile.gif

I'm not sure what you're saying, but I'm very picky about clean hands. I despise dirty nails and wouldn't tolerate it on myself.

Maybe I just know how to use a scrub brush.

Scrape your nails over a bar of soap first. The soap will get under your nails and block the grease. It easily washes out when you are done.

Originally Posted By: Bamaro
Scrape your nails over a bar of soap first. The soap will get under your nails and block the grease. It easily washes out when you are done.

nice tips, what bar of soap are you using ?

Originally Posted By: sleddriver
You need one of these. Best nail/hand brush I've ever used. Also great for cleaning mushrooms. . . .

nice buddy, can you get those locally ? I dont mind order online if no carry locally . mabe order 2
wink.gif

When you're done doing the work and getting your nails dirty, put a drop of dish washing liquid on your hands and put rubber gloves on. Do 'whatever' (even just take a nap) for an hour, then wash your hands and all should be clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back