Lucas Oil stabilizer, good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DrDusty86
It's good for an oil guzzling B&S lawn mower..that's it..

lol am I the only one that never put oil in those things?

The varnish in mine was the lubricant lol.

Originally Posted By: Oregoonian
Originally Posted By: wolf_06
God, I almost regret asking lol...

You seem to be asking many questions like this lately. Several a day on many products.

This is the second time I've seen you try to demean the OP like he's asking stupid questions. You are a giant tool, perhaps it's time to get a life.

We used a lot of LOS at a car dealership I worked at. Our manager was known for taking bad trades, he was good at looking for body work, not so good at checking engines and trannys. LOS quieted a few engines in cars that were knocking, long enough for him to offer them to the wholesaler, or even put them on the line for retail sale. I remember one car coming back to the shop with a knock after the guy changed his oil.

LOS has a purpose IMO if you are trying to silence a bad engine.

Originally Posted By: jordanschevylet
lucas has been ran in a semi truck for 3 million miles. what did it hurt

If you believe everything you read, then it hurt nothing.

wow is it really that bad?

Last fall I was tree cutting at a friends. I ran out of bar oil and he had this Lucas thick oil stuff in his garage, so I poured some along the chain every now-and-then. It got the job done.

It's 100% completely useless and only degrades the quality of your oil. That's fact. It has no additives and is a group I oil. Why would anyone in their right mind use this if they know it has no additives and makes your oil too thick?

If you can find it, a few years back we had a good talk about this. Someone sent in a UOA of it in their truck, and a VOA of the Lucas Oil Stabilizer itself. Terrible stuff.

I used to mindlessly use it, like a lot of people I know, until I saw the VOA of it. I won't ever touch that stuff again. If you need a thicker oil, use a thicker oil. Don't dilute your add pack by 20-25% by adding this cheap/no additive stuff to your crank case.

Well I can't speak for the rest of these folks, but at my local Auto Zone they have a demonstrator, you walk up turn the wheel which in turn starts the gears rolling, and you can see that this stuff is obviously the best invention in all of human history!

Originally Posted By: Garak
Lucas has been avoided in semi trucks for three million miles. What did it's absence hurt?
really? And I thought it was "marketed" toward semi truck drivers....my local WM sells this stuff by the GALLON......I couldn't imagine "measuring out" a quart of this stuff from a huge gallon container
wink.gif

But it's amazing, cause the stuff moves.....there's always a couple bottles missing.....so it's got a niche somewhere....

Originally Posted By: driver123
Well I can't speak for the rest of these folks, but at my local Auto Zone they have a demonstrator, you walk up turn the wheel which in turn starts the gears rolling, and you can see that this stuff is obviously the best invention in all of human history!

Yeah I'd like to chuck a drill in place of the hand crank - or just coupled a AC motor to it. Don't think a Dremel chucked to it and running 30k rpm would do the Dremel any favors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back