Motor Kote (works)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could spend $6.30 per quart of synthetic oil: $100.80 per oil change (PSD will hold 16 qt.) which is $1,008 every 30,000 miles (10 oil changes) on oils alone verses $1.00 per quart of organic and $160 every $30,000. When you compare $160 to $1,008 I can think of many other things I'd rather have for the $848 big ones. For that kind of money you could change your oil every 500 miles and your filter every 3,000 miles for $900 and still save money with the organic oil over the synthetic. You would have cleaner oil for less money and cleaner oil means less friction, lower engine temperatures and better lubrication. The Amsoil and the Rotella T synthetic would have to lubricate more than 6 times or have scored a 290 ft/lbs to equal the cost in lubricity of the synthetic over the organic oil.

My only questuion is...what type of half-wit would change the oil on thier powerstroke diesel, every 3000 miles..esspecially with synthetic???

I don't think that someone who can afford a new PSD is worrying about oil costs.
I would also hope that, if using a synth, the oil change interval would increase compared to dino oil.

If motorkote is so great, then why don't they give us some free samples to use in VOA/UOAs. If everyone suddenly has a reduction in wear, think it works. If nothing changes, then it doesn't.

Anything that comes directly from the marketing/advertisement dept is nothing but make believe. Articles/testimonials/claims... don't mean a thing.

Oilmeup, how long have you been selling motorkote
smile.gif

Oilmeup, how long have you been selling motorkote
smile.gif
[/QB][/QUOTE]

Oilmeup was on the board the last few days using the name "copafeel". He posted a new long article about MotorKote that is a rehash of the above. He has been banned under the copafeel name, but not oilmeup.

To show that we do discuss all products as they come on the board, I am bringing this to the top and prove to him that his statement about the Mods is incorrect, we have had discussion on his product. I hope his sales are improving.

dunno.gif

dunno.gif

I used to giggle uncontrollably whenever someone would say that Product X is really great, and then "back it up" with "proof" from Product X's sales literature. Now it just annoys me.

Have a clue people: if you truly have used the product and have found it to be of benefit (and you're not a marketing stooge yourself), you'd do better with the utterly non-scientific, anecdotal, "I used it and my car seemed quieter and my oil leak stopped" than with copying and pasting long, prattling, crap from Product X's website.

It's pretty simple, really, and not that hard to remember ... so give it a try, huh? Anything else is the equivalent of saying, "it works because they told me it does." Really? Did you know that if you give me $1,000, I can guarantee you a 10-fold return on your investment? No, really. I said it's true, so it must be, right? Now give me the grand.

Your kidding me right? Motorkotes tests are funnier than the ones done on lucas. SFR would knock the snot out of motorkote any place any time they only put like maybe 7-10 weights on that machine I've seen tests with SFR with an extended arm and someone holding the motordown pull 40 weights with a wear scar less or the same. There are far better products out there than Motorkote when ever any one hears its the best product on the market it makes everyone think of ways to discredit the product. All of motorkotes hoop la about FTC and what knot is played out amsoil whipped that dead horse a long time ago. Lets get to the root of things WHY or WHAT is the or makes a GREAT product.

quote:

Originally posted by salsahh:
Your kidding me right? Motorkotes tests are funnier than the ones done on lucas. SFR would knock the snot out of motorkote any place any time they only put like maybe 7-10 weights on that machine I've seen tests with SFR with an extended arm and someone holding the motordown pull 40 weights with a wear scar less or the same. There are far better products out there than Motorkote when ever any one hears its the best product on the market it makes everyone think of ways to discredit the product. All of motorkotes hoop la about FTC and what knot is played out amsoil whipped that dead horse a long time ago. Lets get to the root of things WHY or WHAT is the or makes a GREAT product.

Geez. I'll tell ya, I'm fast reaching the point that if a product is tested and "substantiated" via anything that involves weights, a lever, and a wear scar, I'm going to run screaming hysterically in the opposite direction.

quote:

Originally posted by crashz:
Has there ever been any concrete evidence that the wear scar tests prove anything in regards to lubrication protection? Like has an oil or additive that scores high (small wear scar) proven itself by dramatically (or even slightly) improving engine life and efficiency over comparibale products over many miles on many different engines.

Or is it just the quick marketing gimmick that it appears to be?

Well logically there would appear to be a cooralation, both are wear between metal surfaces. And maybe that's why they use it.

Perhaps there it is easy to cheat on? Personally I think there are probably too many variables to control that allow tests to be manipulated. Maybe that's why many SAE tests involve actual engines.

From a consumer stand point most people don't have the means to test multiple products in multiple engines over long periods of time, so we really don't know if there is a cooralation or not.

-T

Maybe someone will "copafeel"
grin.gif
on oilmeup and he will get back in the discussion. If he has more information that proves MotorKote doesn't have long chain paraffins please share it with us.

Steve

Has there ever been any concrete evidence that the wear scar tests prove anything in regards to lubrication protection? Like has an oil or additive that scores high (small wear scar) proven itself by dramatically (or even slightly) improving engine life and efficiency over comparibale products over many miles on many different engines.

Or is it just the quick marketing gimmick that it appears to be?

Although it may not be the best test it does show the pressure which does exist in any engine and what happens when a softer and harder metal meet. The ones that don't work are the ones that human intervention is possible pull arm or a tourque wrench.

Bottom line its quick and to the point How Else can you demonstrate something you can't see and expect people to pay more for the product then just pouring in oil that may be lacking additives that your vehicle despartely needs. Hopefully the tests show more than someone at a parts counter twirling a wheel and watching oil on gears go up and down.

It would also be difficult to do oil analysis because of the long intervals between changes.

the wave of the future will be thermal imaging

So Mobil 1 seized up Motorkote started smoking a lot after 15 weights but didn't stop.This looks like one of those AMSOIL tests wear the mark is measured.On the other post someone said they put it in a real oilburner. Like magic it started burning less oil (less smoke)but for me getting 10% more MPG from oil would be astounding.Without any harmful solids in it might be worth a try in a old oil burning gas hog.
shocked.gif

Ask Frank Miller about MotorKote as he helped develop it with Dr. Dave at MSU.

What I remember Frank telling me on the phone was that MotorKote was an excellent lubricant, but not a cleaner and could have side effects on your health if you're exposed to it a lot.

I have used MotorKote for years, on all my vehicles. I never did a UOA so I can't offer any actual data but going by total engine milage, I believe MotorKote served me well. I put over 230,000 miles on my 2.9L Ford and it was still running strong when I got rid of it.

[ September 21, 2004, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: fdunford ]

I helped develop "MTX" a better long chain chlorinated friction reducer than what was on the market than. I know Dr. Dave
and have never been involved with Motorkote.

quote:

Originally posted by Frank:
I helped develop "MTX" a better long chain chlorinated friction reducer than what was on the market than. I know Dr. Dave
and have never been involved with Motorkote.

I stand corrected in that Frank never worked on Motorkote, but developed MTX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back