Lucas Oil stabilizer, good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
27.gif

Oh buddy.... use google and type nob is the oil guy Lucas.....that will get you lots of threads about how much its hated here.

thier fuel treatment is liked, but thier oil stabilizer just red gear oil that thickens your oil. Just buy thicker oil if thats the goal. Mpg goes down or stays unchanged. At 12 a quart, its a waste

Wolf, from what i have gathered from watching BITOG the stuff is nothing but *censored rant based upon the general opinion, think clark griswold from the movie christmas vacation insulting his boss, but with profanity insulting lucas instead*

I would personaly not use it, it is pretty much a heavy oil that increases the viscosity rating of the oil already in the sump. which for a modern engine is not good at all. If you want a heavier oil, just buy a 15W40 instead of spending a ton on the lucas product that does absolutely nothing except make your XWX into a heavier product that you do not know the actual rating of.

Originally Posted By: Jeffy_D
Oh buddy.... use google and type nob is the oil guy Lucas.....that will get you lots of threads about how much its hated here.

thier fuel treatment is liked, but thier oil stabilizer just red gear oil that thickens your oil. Just buy thicker oil if thats the goal. Mpg goes down or stays unchanged. At 12 a quart, its a waste
oh god! I really like the fuel treatment yes, works well, but I didn't know about the oil stuff. I really think Lucas was a trusted brand...

Originally Posted By: DrDusty86
It's good for an oil guzzling B&S lawn mower..that's it..
I had an 11HP B&S that I ran Lucas straight because it leaked/burned it so badly. The engine was still running pretty strong when I junked the rest of the tractor this spring.

Lucas Oil Stabilizer is, without a doubt, the most hated product here.
11.gif

It causes the oil to foam which resembles a blown head gasket and increases engine wear; it is extremely out of grade for a motor oil additive - something like SAE 110. Oh, there are complaints that it has very poor additive package too.

The general census is to use a thicker oil if leaking is a concern or to use a better quality oil if longevity is a concern.

Originally Posted By: wolf_06
God, I almost regret asking lol...

You seem to be asking many questions like this lately. Several a day on many products.

Is this stuff increase mpg / power a bit, anyone used this before?

Yes, multiple times on many different vehicles, none of which EVER showed the slightest hint of trouble from using it.

Originally Posted By: 55
Is this stuff increase mpg / power a bit, anyone used this before?

Yes, multiple times on many different vehicles, none of which EVER showed the slightest hint of trouble from using it.

+1....Totally agree

Originally Posted By: Oregoonian

You seem to be asking many questions like this lately. Several a day on many products.
well, this is a forum right? We can share experiences and stories?

Originally Posted By: Oregoonian

well, this is a forum right? We can share experiences and stories?

What are you sharing?

The Lucas HDOS does a pretty good job of making sparklies in some engines, but not others. If it doesn't work in yours, just go to the dollar store and buy some glitter. It's probably cheaper anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back