Honda Dual-Pump Fluid vs. Acura AWD fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the same stuff right? The Acura p/n just has an extra A at the end of it. Just want to be sure since my application is unique and Honda and Acura use different types of diffs.

Last edited:
Are you still on Z1 in your RDX or have you gone to DPSF? If you're on DPSF did you notice any difference?

Z1 is still in the rear diff of the RDX but DW-1 in the transmission.

I'm going to drop the RDX off at the dealership for the rear diff, don't feel like getting under there for 80 bucks.

Originally Posted By: vinu_neuro
Are you still on Z1 in your RDX or have you gone to DPSF? If you're on DPSF did you notice any difference?

Is Honda specifying the DPF-II now in differentials once requiring Z1?

Originally Posted By: Mau
Z1 is still in the rear diff of the RDX but DW-1 in the transmission.

I'm going to drop the RDX off at the dealership for the rear diff, don't feel like getting under there for 80 bucks.

Z1 is no longer produced. Any vehicle with SH-AWD has now been moved to DPSF (Acura AWD Fluid) for the rear diff. Rear diff is super easy, not worth $80.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Originally Posted By: vinu_neuro

Is Honda specifying the DPF-II now in differentials once requiring Z1?

In SH-AWD vehicles Z1 used to be used in the auto trans as well as rear diff. The specification has diverged now, DW-1 in the trans, DPSF in the diff.

To answer my own question I found a thread on mdxers. Someone bought Honda Dual-Pump Fluid II (DPSF II?) as well as Acura AWD Fluid (DPSF) to find out the same thing. Apparently they look the same but smell different. So I guess they're not the same.

Last edited:
What are you referring to as DPSF? Dual Pump System Fluid? I've only known it as DPF or DPF-II, or Dual Pump Fluid (version 1 or 2). I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong; I was just confused about the initialism.

It has always been DPSF. Dual-Pump Sytem Fluid. I'm guessing Honda's are using DPSF II and Acura is using the previous fluid in SH-AWD diffs. First image is an excerpt from a CR-V tsb.

dualpump.jpg

dpsfx.jpg

dpfs2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back