Oil Recommendations: 1991 Lexus LS400 (1UZFE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, I have an engine from a 1991 Lexus LS400 with 211k kms (131k miles), and I'm looking for some suggestions on oil for this engine. Use will be daily driving.

I'm seriously considering an AMSoil product, but want to hear what you all have to say, and if AMSoil would be the way to go, which product.

Thanks for any recommendations!

Last edited:
Granted that you have been religiously maintaining proper OCI and the engine doesn't leak/use(burn) any oil, I would stay on course and use whatever you've been using all these years.

No need to go fancy on the engine in this case (given it's mileage), for you will not see much benefits from a cost/benefits point of view.

*my 2c's worth*

Q.

Originally Posted By: sfrench
Hello all, I have an engine from a 1991 Lexus LS400 with 211k kms (131k miles), and I'm looking for some suggestions on oil for this engine. Use will be daily driving.

I'm seriously considering an AMSoil product, but want to hear what you all have to say, and if AMSoil would be the way to go, which product.

Thanks for any recommendations!

Which Amsoil product really depends on the Oil Change Interval (OCI) you are going with? There are 4 5W-30's to be considered. I know your climate and the area pretty well. Tell me about your daily driving. How far? Stop and go?

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Which Amsoil product really depends on the Oil Change Interval (OCI) you are going with? There are 4 5W-30's to be considered. I know your climate and the area pretty well. Tell me about your daily driving. How far? Stop and go?

depends on the day. i try to take the routes with the least stop and go traffic, but some days you just can't help it. to work isn't too bad. its only about 10kms to work though (6 miles).

Originally Posted By: raytseng
seaaarch:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...amp;Search=true

the 91 and the 97 engines are actually significantly different, both in bottom and top end. i did search, and because of this decided to make my own thread. thanks for linking anyway though
smile.gif

depends on the day. i try to take the routes with the least stop and go traffic, but some days you just can't help it. to work isn't too bad. its only about 10kms to work though (6 miles).

And what OCI have you been thinking about?

HDD 5W-30 seems to be the ticket if you are looking for extended OCI's...

If I didn't have so much almost free synthetic 5W-30 stockpiled (as in 4-5 OCI's worth!) that's the way I would go (presuming there are no consumption issues).

Cheers!

And what OCI have you been thinking about?

5-6k kilometers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back