06 Audi A4 B7 2.0TQ Transmission Fluid Change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those Quattro owners out there! We just brought the A4 home with 75K miles on her, for my daughter... There is no transmission dip stick... Ok! This is nuts!

I was wanting to change the ATF... There is only a drain plug on the pan and what looks like a fill plug as well.

I assume you drain the fluid. Drop the pan. Clean-Change filter-reinstall pan-fill through fill hole in pan? Until ATF comes out fill hole.

I found the required ATF but it shows $44.95 litre!!!
http://www.europaparts.com/automatic-transmission-fluid-g060162a2.html

Please other Audi A4 owners come forward with some advice.

Yes, you fill through the drain hole, you will need a special adapter to fit through the small opening they give you. Youre supposed to fill it, then go to drive and reverse a few times, then let it get to operating temp, and add more, usually at least another liter. I usually go back into d and r and check again. I also like to run it through the tiptronic while up in the air to make sure its full. A lift is most likely helpful, maybe required.
As far as fluid goes, some people have used the Redline D4 ATF with good results, also only about 15 a quart. I have only done it once with the Redline in a customers B6 S4, but after 10k so far so good. The only other option is OE fluid. I think we charged about 450 for the last trans service with OE fluid filter and gasket.
Also, the ATF 1 isnt explicitly approved in the 6 spd. My parts program doesnt cross reference that, it only does with allowable exchanges. Only shows Redline and ZF fluid, and they do carry the ATF 1.

Last edited:
Pete: Thanks for the info.
Audios: Thank you as well for your info posted. This is really a service that needs to be done on a lift... I might just have the dealer do it... If they actually did it after they say they did it. I will mark the pan and bolts and film it...

I only wish my daughter would have picked the 08 Mustang GT. I have a gut feeling this car is going to be a nightmare.

Theyre not bad cars at all, they do hold up. I have a few that we see for regular service with well over 150000 miles. They do get expensive yes, but they are quality cars. Cam follower is a known issue, most people do it as preventative maintenance. Timing belts are recommended at 100k-120k, major service probably around 80k. Check the air filter, they usually are neglected while under warranty service. Try to find a decent local shop that works on Euros, youll save as opposed to the dealer, they will get you for an arm and leg for the trans service. Ive also seen good results with a vacuum-induced solvent to attack the carbon buildup on the intake valves. I think the dealer recommends removing the manifold and manually cleaning and scraping, but weve done a few treatments through the intake manifold and it made a noticeable difference. Of course, it wont be as shiny and new as manual labor, but it does help. Some RS4 owners see buildup again within 30k, but that may be a little apple to orange considering thats more of a high performance vehicle. Ive also been doing alot of wheel bearings on those cars, so thats becoming an issue too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back