My son bought some Euros at the thrift store

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my son went up to the thrift store, and they had various foreign coins for sale, 3 for $1. There were some 1 Euro coins in the bin, so he got those. I'm gonna see if they have any more.

3 Euros for $1 is a great bargain...current exchange rate is about $1.25 for 1 Euro.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was hoping they had a few thousand more... We're going to keep an eye on that thrift store.

currency arbitrage...very clever...
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Kuato
3 Euros for $1 is a great bargain...current exchange rate is about $1.25 for 1 Euro.

And falling...

If they had anymore, load them up and get some US dollars!

The Euro is in serious trouble.

I found a Ruble in my change; someone mistook it for a nickel. I looked it up online and was worth a nickel!!!

A local dairy sells milk in glass jugs with a $1 deposit; I found two jugs at a yard sale for a quarter. Seller was surprised I was buying them and said she hoped I'd find a use for them. "Maybe" I mumbled...

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Lloyd's of London preparing for euro collapse
The chief executive of the multi-billion pound Lloyd's of London has publicly admitted that the world's leading insurance market is prepared for a collapse in the single currency and has reduced its exposure "as much as possible" to the crisis-ridden continent.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/finan...o-collapse.html

At first it will be Greece exiting, then Portugal, Italy, and eventually Europe will go back to their own currencies. Germany and the IMF will cease issuing credit to the others!

Originally Posted By: yannis
Nobody is going to exit. Euro will survive , it's our blood and air. I'd give my life for it.

You may have to....
lol.gif

Nobody is going to exit. Euro will survive , it's our blood and air. I'd give my life for it.
Our media paints a picture of Greeks rioting against the Euro and Eurozone, maybe there's more to the picture than we're being told.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
Our media paints a picture of Greeks rioting against the Euro and Eurozone, maybe there's more to the picture than we're being told.

Refraining on hitting this slow pitch out of the park...

Nice find. Maybe if you visit Germany soon you can use them.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

And falling...

Very true! But if you can get them 3 for $1 and then return them to your bank for USD, you are ahead. Of course it would have to be a high volume transfer to make it worthwhile.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

And falling...

Very true! But if you can get them 3 for $1 and then return them to your bank for USD, you are ahead. Of course it would have to be a high volume transfer to make it worthwhile.

I'm not sure banks will exchange any currency if it's in coin form and transaction fees for small amounts are exhorbitant.

Keep them for the chance you may one day travel to Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back