Best injector cleaner and best fuel system cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
After others have been used I have put in schaeffers 131 neutra and has made considerable difference in performance depending on how bad the motor is to start with. Of course the 131 is a seal conditioner,acid neutralizers, cleaners/ detergents and top end lubricant all in one. Toyota has adopted using it in serviceing problem child cars with great success, eliminating having to pull injects and such.

Bob,

Are you saying if I buy an injector cleaner from Toyota, it'll perform just the same OR close to Neutra 131?

Regards,

Oz

Bob, I agree with your theory about MMO allowing the rings better sealing ... and I think that a thin film of oil also reduces the amount of oil "leached" up from the sump on the cylinder walls ... but that's just a theory of mine.

When you write to me, why not copy my Yahoo address as well? I get much less mail there. It's the same name as my Hotmail address ... just a different (Yahoo) ending.

I'm trying to talk my Max-Life addicted buddy into ordering some 7000 blend and expanding my order. Unfortunately, he just stocked up on Max-Life with a couple cases.
frown.gif

--- Bror Jace

quote:

Originally posted by Bror Jace:
Bob, I agree with your theory about MMO allowing the rings better sealing ... and I think that a thin film of oil also reduces the amount of oil "leached" up from the sump on the cylinder walls ... but that's just a theory of mine.

When you write to me, why not copy my Yahoo address as well? I get much less mail there. It's the same name as my Hotmail address ... just a different (Yahoo) ending.

I'm trying to talk my Max-Life addicted buddy into ordering some 7000 blend and expanding my order. Unfortunately, he just stocked up on Max-Life with a couple cases.
frown.gif

--- Bror Jace

Did he stock up thinking that it had moly in it? Or does he just like the stuff regardless of whether it has moly or not?

Has anyone noticed how sooty black Ford tailpipes are,at least Econoline Vans.When I use Chevron with Techron the soot cleans out very well here in Fla.Up north,it's hard to find Chevron gas. I added a bottle of Techron to clean up that dirty pipe.It did some good pipe cleaning.Unfortunately,I was forced to get by with other gas without Techron and the soot returns. The dealer says the sooty pipe is no big thing as it does not trigger the ECM trouble codes.What gives? I'm going to pull the plugs soon (24K).Anyway, Techron does some visible cleaning.
Ron

Patman, he tried it based on a very early recommendation from me.
pat.gif

Since then, he switched his daily driver (an older Civic) back to Mobil 1 for the winter and couldn't believe the awful racket the car made with that "Premium" oil in the car.

He liked the way Max-Life worked in his car. I'm pretty sure it was the moly ... but I'll know better when I see what vintage Max-Life he recently bought ... and how it works in his Civic.

--- Bror Jace

quote:

Originally posted by The_Oz:
[QB
Are you saying if I buy an injector cleaner from Toyota, it'll perform just the same OR close to Neutra 131?
Oz[/QB]

Sorry OZ, just a local toyota dealership here that uses it, not coporate, and no, they do not have anything close to the 131 neutra.

I noticed no one (except Bror Jace
wink.gif
)mentioned anything about Red Line SI-1. Their testing and info on it is pretty impressive and if it's as good of the rest of their stuff...
I can't tell how its working since my car was running pretty well before I started using it. MPG has gone up but I switched entire drivetrain to Red Line at same time as well...
Looks like it does everything neutra 131 does...

[ August 01, 2002, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: Jason Troxell ]

quote:

My new problem is the gas mileage is not where I expect it to be. Research says it should get 18/24 but I usually get 15/19-20.

I would think that a new block would get better mileage than that

A new block is usually tighter and will generally give you less mileage and power. Chevy's LT-1s are a classic example of this, not developing full power until they have 30-40k on them. We had a guy who lost one due to a lean nitrous shot. He was quite displeased to see that the brand new long block gave him 30 less HP, but that's normal. He'll have it back in a couple of years...

[ August 01, 2002, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: VaderSS ]

Jason,

If you are seeing an increase in mpg's then two things may contribute to that in your case as stated above.

the moly in the oils have reduced the friction which is very common especially when you change out gear oils.

I don't know anything about redlines fuel additive(which I assume that is what it is) but if you increase mileage from the fuel additive on a relativly good engine, then it seems to have an effect on octane in which case cannot be used as neutra 131 to purge engine oils, transmissions, gearboxes or hydraulic systems as this is not a desirable chemical property of any the listed oils i just mentioned. Now if it is designed as such then look at this, cost on neutra 131 wholesale is 1.67 per treatment, redlines is how much?

As for the seal condition aspect on the tech data sheet, As for many things that schaeffers does, they do not like to overstate benifets of anything. They are very conservative as they show the application treat rate being a whole lot less than I and many other use it. This again is on the side of caution. The actual concept of what they are stating it as purging before change over to another oil, is mainly to neutralize acids so not to put a demand on the new oil. To cover every aspect and treatment rate for every situation that this product can do would require a site like auto rx has.

I've been totally convinced from many applications that have been used, the personal testing and such, like auto rx has done with all their personal and extensive tests, that this stuff does in fact conditions seals as well as nuetralizing the acid and varnish formations among many other situations. In talking with some of the tech's they had stated the same. Is it better than auto rx, no idea. I can say that from what I have heard on here, auto rx is an excellent product, but then, so is the neutra 131. As for redline, I have no clue where it stands as I suspect their price is much higher, and not many have reported what benifets they actually have experienced with just this product. Let me also commend you for qualifying your statement about haveing done the changeover at the same time so it would have been hard to establish what in fact did help mileage.

I meant to say no one except you
smile.gif

twak.gif

You mention Red Line? That's odd...
wink.gif

Yeah come on Red Line if you are out there... at least send this dude a hat... (me too while you're at it
grin.gif
)

Bob, it does not increase octane AFAIK. And my car does not have a knock sensor and is designed to run on 87 AKI so even with a higher octane I would se no benefit. I think I pay about $4 for 15oz bottle at Pep Boys. So it's not too bad. And I meant to say same benefits as nuetra on the fuel side.(since thread title is about fuel cleaning) I don't know if will work in engine but I know it is not designed to go in oil and personally I would not try it.

Jason, are you sure I didn't plug Red Line's SI-1 earlier in this thread?
confused.gif

How very unlike me.
wink.gif

My favorite Red Line story was a buddy of mine who owned an old (1981?) throttle-body injected VW Rabbit. It was getting 24mpg so I gave him a bottle of SI-1 to try. The bottle was 2/3 empty ...
frown.gif

... but his mileage improved from 24mpg to 31mpg with the following tankful.
smile.gif

My experience with SI-1 and their synchromesh fluid (MTL) is what led me to believe their claims and try their engine oils ... which are significantly more expensive to run.

I'd like to say my results with their motor oils have been fantastic ... but those results are somewhat obscured by other "issues" my car may have.
frown.gif

--- Bror Jace

"I was a patriot before being a patriot was cool."
patriot.gif

I've used the Red Line SL-1 in my cars for years and have been very happy with the results. I use their "Diesel Fuel Catalyst" in my turbo-diesel VW wth good results also. I formally used the Techron, but noticed no difference when using the Red Line product other than the Red Line product was more cost effective and easier to find. (it is available at my local Pep Boys)

Jason, Despite the fact that a lot of import guys (especially Toyota guys) are into their cars and use Red Line oil, the Red Line guys must focus more on the American muscle scene when surfing on or off the job. Oh well, I'm not a big fan of baseball caps anyway.
dunno.gif
wink.gif

I had forgotten but I had used their Diesel Fuel Catalyst once ... as an experiment. We had a 1986 Ford 9000 series firetruck. I think it had a Cat 3208 (?) motor in it and when this thing idled for extensive periods of time, it would smoke like crazy. Thick white smoke which might indicate a blown headgasket except that it would clear up when the truck was run hard for 15-20 minutes or more.

When I dumped in a bottle of the Catalyst, though, it seemed to cut the smoke by at least 50%
smile.gif

--- Bror Jace

qutoed by bror.."Despite the fact that a lot of import guys (especially Toyota guys) are into their cars and use Red Line oil"

ESPECIALLY TOYOTA GUYS?, Sorry, but around here, all the ASE master toyota mechanics uses schaeffers 131 in the oil and fuel systems in their personal and while they service all their used cars before being sold. They have found this to clear alot of drive problems I have been seeing their orders double every other week.

I have a client that actually sells redlines fuel additive, as well as ours. The have had good results with both. Aside from the results of both being good, The costs of the 131 is much more atractive for resale price and is one of the other reasons that we have many retail locations that like this.

As a cost comparison although I do not believe that they perform in the same manner. In a few cars I have used Amsoil PI in about every tankful, a concentrate at 1 oz per 10 gals or so. Cost to treat 120 gals is about $5.50. I also am using the # 131 which cost me $2.46/12 oz. bottle which treat the same amount of fuel as the Amosil 1 oz. So 120 gals of fuel for # 131 is about $24 if used in every tankful. (unlikely but for comparison). The Amsoil is significantly less expensive. Now which works. Well, in my lawn equip I will say the PI did nothing to improve performance while the #131 was almost instantaneous, especailly in the 2 cycle engines. However, in my cars that I use the PI or Techron periodically I have not seen any difference as yet with the #131. Maybe the constant PI treatment worked and #131 had nothing to improve upon. Now, it is unfair in that I use the PI in 3 cars at every tankful whereas I would problably only use the #131 once a month so that the cost comparison could actually be less for the #131, Some day I will look into that. Hmm, off the top of my head it seems that the cost will be about the same with this scenario. I use 120 gals in about 2 months.

Yes, Ron, the Techron will clean that and the valves, injectors, and piston heads. My Grand Cherokee had so much carbon on the pistons when I bought it I needed premium gas and still pinged. 3 years later, with Techron every 3,000 miles or so, I use 80 octane gas and no ping.
Diesel fuel additives are a necesity, at least here. I use one in every tank and get 30 miles more per tank and almost no smoke.

Bob, I guess I could have been more specific. The "Toyota Guys" I referred to are actually mostly kids/ricers and the cars they drive are Celica GTSs and Supra twin turbos ... and mostly in California. Oh, and I was talking the brand in general, not the fuel system cleaner specifically.

--- Bror Jace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back