What oil for 2007 Acura TSX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Owners Manual says 5w-30 and oil cap says 5w-20. I know Honda made a switch around that time which probably explains why the OM and oil cap disagree. I assume I should follow the oil cap recommendation? Thanks.

That's a tough one. I probably believe the owners manual over oil cap, especially if you bought this used, perhaps the oil cap came off another vehicle and it happen to fit.

Last edited:
My Acura 2011 Tsx and 2007 TL Type S said 5w20 the dealer put 5w30 in the TL!! If it not under warranty,Put what you want in it 20 or 30 Not going to make that much different!!!!

Last edited:
I'm running synpower 5w30 in my 2003 tl without any issues. It's specd for 5w20 according to the manual and oil cap. Any quality dino or syn will be fine in either weights. If you get on it, I'd go 5w30 , if not , then 5w20 will be just fine. Honda made the switch back in 2001 or so from 5w30 to 5w20 mostly due to cafe requirements from what I read.

Both will be just fine.
smirk.gif

07 tsx uses 5w-30. not 5w-20. someone probably put the wrong cap on it. i used synpower 5w-30 exclusively on my 06 tsx. runs perfect, quiet and no consumption

Verify that the owner's manual and oil cap are the right ones for the vehicle. If it were me, I'd go by the owner's manual. You can also call the service department at the dealer and they should be able to tell you.
Originally Posted By: artbuc
Owners Manual says 5w-30 and oil cap says 5w-20. I know Honda made a switch around that time which probably explains why the OM and oil cap disagree. I assume I should follow the oil cap recommendation? Thanks.

Originally Posted By: Mau
The k24 is back speced for 5w20 so it's possible in 07 the manual was printed with 5w30 but honda allows 5w20 in it so caps were put in with 5w20 stamping.

Yes, this is what I think happened. I see you own a couple Acura vehicles. Did you see my recent post re my niece's 07 TSX? Any comments? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back