1. Hi, all. 2. BG44K

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just found this forum and have been reading for about 4 hours now! Sheesh! So much great info., but my eyes are boggled.
gr_eek2.gif
I plan on using Auto-Rx on my '93 Toyota 4x4 V6 Xcab (114K) and then switching to synthetics with the possibility of using a remote "super" bypass filter. Just wanted to say here that I used BG44K Fuel Treatment and the truck is humming. It started smoothing things out within 20 miles. Costs about $20 per can.
Hugh

welcome.gif

Hugh, this is a great forum. Everyone is helpful and friendly, but be careful, it is addictive. Your wife may have something to say about it at 3:00AM when you are reading about lubrication, and not in bed with her. I have also used the BG44K fuel treatment in my Acura. The Acura dealer uses all of their products, and the counter guy gave me a can to try out. I put it in at 70,000 and then purchased another can to put in at 73,000. At 74,000, the car is humming right along. -Joe

I am not sure tha tI would get that carried away with trying to run the truck for anotehr 20 years by switching to synthetics now and a bypass filter. You have obviously come this far with normal dino oil changes and done fine and this engine can probably go another 100,000 without you making any changes. I would just keep on truckin IMHO. Also, having swithced several cars to synthetic post dino usage my experience has been seal leaks within a year down the road The RX may solve that problem for you but with 100,000 + miles the switch can result in some seepage. Again RX may cure that. Personally, after that many miles I would not change my habits just for the thrill of trying something new that is supposed to work better. If engine is currently running fine there is a huge amount to be said for "IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT". If not running fine then yes, worth a shot.

Well since I bought a house last year, getting a new vehicle any time soon is out of the question. I can't even forsee WHEN I'll change. Given these circumstances, making these changes seems logical. If it starts leaking a little, I'll deal with it then. Some people may laugh and scoff at this next opinion: environment is also a concern to me. Using a high quality syn and not having to change it is the way to go, IMO.
Cuts down on what we have to import from other countries, too. Since I'm new to the board, this topic has already been discussed, I'm sure, to the Nth degree, lol. I'll look up previous posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back