Operating System: FireFox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, im wondering what OS you guys prefer and if you have tried the new Beta of FireFox 13?

I just downloaded it and it seems ever so slightly faster while uploading websites with heavy Flash/HTML5 compared to Safari.

Give it a try if you have not yet!

win7 pro for most stuff.

linux is good if you have old hardware or just browse facebook.
(IMO)

its also great for servers.

Yea, lol I was confused too...by the thread title....and topic....OS and Browsers all in one topic....could get lengthy :p

On the topic of web browsers, I'm still using Chrome.....love it. Was an IE fan for YEARS....before IE7.....but IE7 and 8 just got "too much" - stuff to "protect" the stupid, etc......

I'm using a mix of Firefox 11 and 12 on 5 partitions - both work and home. Seems very solid and fast.

Firefox 12 has been good to me, though I've seen no difference since maybe 9 or 10. Whatever, I don't care; as long as it's a solid performer, I'm happy.

And FYI, I'd take linux over windows any day, any time, for any purpose. It really is that good and that mature. All I do every day is use both desktop Operating Systems and their server counterparts and Linux is the be-all-end-all operating system. Windows is the new Mac. That being said, I'm not a "normal" user. But my wife is, and now she complains about having to use Windows boxes.

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
At the current rate, FF 25.2 will be here in a few weeks.

LOL I pulled FF from my system and went with Chrome, no regrets.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: 97tbird
At the current rate, FF 25.2 will be here in a few weeks.

LOL I pulled FF from my system and went with Chrome, no regrets.

Same here.

FF12 seems solid and where I do development. I am web application developer. I still have to support back to FF3.6.8 and IE6!!!

I am thankful there are standard libraries that take care of majority of nuances across all these browsers.

Personal stuff I run Chrome.

I am a Firefox fan as well. They've given me no reason to move away from them. The only time I use IE is for work related stuff since government has large contracts with Microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back