Ceramalube? Anyone hear about this stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://secure17.websitecomplete.com/svancamp/shop/showProd.asp?prod=14

I was pointed in the direction of Ceramic addatives by a friend in Germany which his mechanic friend at Mercedes swears by a Ceramic additive that they sell there. They are saying that it was tested by their Stifftung Warentest (kinda like our Consumer Reports) and found it to be useful and gave it a Gut and Sehr Gut certification. I did a search and this is the only thing I found on Ceramic Additives so I am not sure if it's the same stuff as they sell in Germany.

I know most of this stuff is all snake oil but I was just wondering if anyone knew a little bit more about this stuff and if it would really work?

Thanks

Tom in INdy

In case the link doesn't work, here is what it says on their site about it:

Ceramalube Ceramic Engine Protector is a multi-functional full synthetic based ceramic engine oil additive which, compared to all exhisting ceramic-and P.T.F.E. (teflon) based engine oil additives, is unique in concept and superior in properties. In addition to shear-stable polymers, anti-oxidants, detergents, corrosion inhibitors and polymer bound ceramic raw materials, Ceramalube Ceramic Engine Protector also contains a technically advanced combination of multi-organometallic complexes that reinforce the tribiological properties of the ceramic materials. This synergism guarantees effective engine lubrication under the most extreme conditions. The use of Ceramalube Ceramic Engine Protector will reduce to an absolute minimum the excessive wear that occurs during cold starts (=80% of the engine wear) and at high engine loads. Ceramalube Ceramic Engine Protector is a balanced concept of multi-organometallic complexes which, in combination with the ceramic materials, deposit a layer of solid molecular lubricating film on the most critical parts of the engine. This molecular layer acts as a kind of armor for the metal, protecting it against excessive wear and preventing corrosion. In addition, Ceramalube Ceramic Engine Protector's high degree of bonding to the metal gives it outstanding boundary lubricating properties that help to maintain effective lubrication under the most extreme conditions.

Ceramalube Ceramic Engine Protector consist out of 38 liquid components and does not contain any particles that are capable of causing blockage of oil filters and/or oil channels.

Properties:

Ceramalube Ceramic Engine Protector should be added to the engine oil when the ENGINE is at operating temperature. The multi-organometallic complexes in combination with the ceramic materials will bond immediately to the engine's most critically wear-sensitive parts and create a solid molecular lubricating film with "long life" properties.

THE ULTIMATE POWER & PROTECTION FOR YOUR ENGINE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back