2007 Honda Fit Ignition Coil Order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to find out which ingnition coil is which on my 2007 Honda Fit. It's the small (non-sport) 4 cylinder. The say #3 isn't firing right and I can't figure out which one is #3 on the web so far. Any pictures? Thanks!

Yes...I'm an auto moron. As I stand in front of the car and look down at it...left to right, right to left. I know...I'm frustrating.

As you're looking at the engine, start at the passenger side and move right. The cylinder all the way on the passenger side is #1, the cylinder all the way on the driver's side is #4. #3 should be easy to find.

If your 07 Fit is like our 09 Fit, good luck getting that coil out. First thing these cars need is the windshield wipers taken off to access anything on the backside of the engine, like the coils.

Did you try moving the coil to another cylinder to find out if it is truly the coil? Plugs ok?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
surprised a coil on an 07 car needs replacement!

Coil issues are fairly common in the earlier model Fits, apparently. The symptoms are supposedly fairly hard to track down as no CEL is triggered (for whatever reason) so many times this problem goes un/mis-diagnosed.

Originally Posted By: yeehaw1960
The say #3 isn't firing right and I can't figure out which one is #3 on the web so far. Any pictures? Thanks!

Who is "they", and what's their reason for suspecting coil #3? Are you getting a Check Engine light with a P0303?

as an owner of a 07 fit, here's what I have to say:

a) coil removal, although awkward, not as bad as the 09 ones for you can still remove them (coils) one by one w/o the need to remove the wiper blade arm/cover.
b) I have swapped out my iridiums with NGK platinums (just for sheets and giggles, a little experimentation), and not difficult at all.
c) never aware that honda fit coils go bad that easily (got a small fleet of fit under my jurisdiction (also a 08 sport of the same version).

Q.

Yes...there was a check engine light. O'Reilly's Auto scanned it for my daughter. Yes, the ignition coil for number three wasn't working properly. Yes, it's number one through four starting from the passenger side of motor. Yes, the problem is fixed. I shopped for the coil at four places including the Honda dealer. The Honda dealer was the cheapest at $103.00 ($40 less than O'Reilly's). I bought one from Amazon.com for $55.00 (included two day delivery).

"Beck Arnley 178-8374 Direct Ignition Coil"
Automotive; $44.64
In Stock

I'm thinking that, since the engine ran smoothly at higher RPMs, the 5 1/2 year old battery may have contributed to the weak ignition coil not firing at low RPMs. Thoughts? I could be, and often am, wrong.

THANK YOU MIGHTY ONES FOR YOUR ADVICE AND THOUGHTS.

Originally Posted By: yeehaw1960

I'm thinking that, since the engine ran smoothly at higher RPMs, the 5 1/2 year old battery may have contributed to the weak ignition coil not firing at low RPMs. Thoughts? I could be, and often am, wrong.

Nope. Your car's electrical system, once started (engine running), it's supported by your alternator and not your battery.

In other words: your battery is primarily responsible for starting the engine.

so long as your alternator functions properly and able to charge your battery (>12.6V DC, mostly over 13VDC under most conditions), your electrical system is considered healthy.

Weak coil has nothing to do with that. look elsewhere.

Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back