Just cut open my ACDelco filter after AutoRx treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dom

It looks very clean. Just little darkish brown from the used oil. Same color as the used oil. There is no dense particles or sludge in it at all. Draw your own conclusions. I used Castrol oil in the car initially, then Mobil synthetic, then Mobil dyno, now ran Mobil blend. Car has 100K miles on it now. It's a 3.8 Series II GM engine. It doesn't burn or leak a drop of oil regardless of what oil I put in it. So either AutoRx doesn't work or Mobil and Castrol keep the engine very clean. This filter is spotless. I'll cut it open again in 3K miles.

Dom

I thought same till I felt between the pleats. Mucho gritty stuff and I'd been using Delvac 1 a high detergent full syn. Engine runs so much better since, I will be doing another clean in a week or so as its a turbo and I want absolutely clean oil passages. As I said feel the dirt!

Dom I thought you had a 2002 Camaro? Have you owned this car since new? If you've done regular oil changes it's whole life, and have used Mobil 1 a lot, that's probably why it's so clean. You can say what you want about Mobil 1, but all engines that have run on this stuff a lot are very clean inside. I've seen it myself first hand.

I owned the car since 30K miles. The first 2 years I've run Castrol Synthetic. Then I ran Trisynthetic for not even a year. Then Mobil dyno for about a year. Then the car set for 6 months. Now I put in the Mobil Blend just cause they were out of dyno stuff at the time. Even the oil looked brown. I'm definitely doing at least 5K oil changes now. The filter can probably take tons more dirt and the oil looks great. I'm going to wait till 5K and have it tested.

Maybe I just have a clean engine.

sprintman, I checked every pleat. Nothing solid anywhere.

Patman, Dominic on the board has a 2002 camaro I think. I'm just Dom.
wink.gif

But you know what. I'm still happy cause I found out I have a clean engine.
cheers.gif

Oh ya that's right, Dominic is the 2002 Camaro guy!
smile.gif

Is your car a 3.8 Camaro as well, or is it a Grand Prix? (or something else?)

BTW, how did you cut it open? I've saved my Auto-rx oil filter too but haven't cut into it yet.
I have a feeling it's going to be dirty!!!

[ July 22, 2002, 05:35 AM: Message edited by: Patman ]

I use a power circular saw. I didn't cut through it just went around on the top. Then opened it up like a can and pulled out the filter element.

Edited by 59 Vetteman: This misunderstanding was succesfully resolved by the two parties involved.

[ July 24, 2002, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

I saw that email too and wondered what prompted it.

Just because an oil filter is clean doesn't mean the product doesn't work. If you used this product on a brand new engine that had no dirt in it to clean, it wouldn't show a dirty oil filter either. All this says is that Dom's engine was clean to begin with, not that Auto-rx doesn't work.

Very interesting. Sounds paranoid.
As Bob noted in one of his posts, he tried it and found no diff either. Do not believe he cut the filter open though. A few others have commented that they saw no build up in the filter. RX claims that it still imnproves engine performance though.

Your post was not inflamatory, just a statement of your fact when observing the filter. The reply though WOW! Off the wall.

2533a, not sure what prompted the hulabalue but I was very happy with the Auto-Rx in my PSD. So much so that I bought more for my wifes Honda with 106K miles in it. Maybe Frank just had a bad day or there is more going on behind the scenes with private e-mails. Who knows??

I just know the product works. I'm happy with it.

dragboat

I'm interested. How did you "scientifically decide" it didn't work? You can't have it both ways. Unscientifically decide its no good but then require scientific proof to say it does work.
I'm not having a go at you but subjective analysis is not proof of failure. My filter was very clean but I could feel grit and the engine just runs so much smoother (and thats with dino re the syn I usually run). But thats my 'subjective analysis' and my opinion only. Others obviously can and do feel otherwise!

I do not care about my money back. I never asked for it. That was no the point of my post. Infact I have not read many threads in this forum. I had a feeling my engine was pretty clean. Now I'm even more sure about that. I purchased the product thinking my engine was clean all along. I just had no idea that it was that clean. The oil still had a brownish tint to it. I never really looked at it this closely and I was amazed. I like the ACDelco filter. Now I'm not afraid to go 5K with the Mobil blend and ACDelco filter(PF52).

With the oils getting so much better, have the chances of sludge decreased? Frank Miller in his email said that oil does not clean, it lubricates. I though Mobil 1 had cleaning detergents in it?

Will oil analysis show that my engine is clean? I want to do one 5K from now. With drag racing season coming soon, the oil will be really tested.

Nice altered thread here. I suppose this will be deleted also! The truth is always the best way to resolve things. Don't know if I trust this section of the board any more. And yes, I have bought and used Auto-RX.
nono.gif

Chris,
I am the guilty party. The situation was resolved between the two parties involved. It was a misunderstanding between them. We are trying to keep personal items to e-mail between those involved no matter the subject. An e-mail apology was sent to Dom, a bottle of product to test on another vehicle was also included. We as moderators are trying to keep this site limited to oil related discussions. And believe me it is a fine line we have to walk because we want this forum open, but limited to products.
My personal apology to you if I offended you or any one else. And no, your post will not be deleted.

Good deal!
wink.gif
Want to know that this is an open forum and nothing funny is going on!
shocked.gif

Good day.

I'm gonna chime in here for the primary reason that my good name has been mentioned ( thus affecting my business and possibly confusing my customers) that torques me off !

I have and hold sacred my oil analysis customers, I have lots who use Auto-Rx and love it. I have one or two who are convinced it didn't work. I respect both. My problem is that when you bad mouth Frank Miller ( a personal friend) who went out of control on this forum and who has apologised ,you step on my toes too. Why ,because the Auto-Rx product is solidly a good value. I also sternly warned him that he was out of line.
He has returned the payment of both Spector and Dragboat that I am aware of. He also has promised me not to post here anymore.

It still is a scientific fact that the product is safe and effective based on my tests and others from independent sources I have interpreted. Now if you have tested the stuff and found it wanting please let us know. If you have an opinion fine but don't cloud the debate with inuendo and poor attempts to discredit a honest product because a struggling inventor loses it online.

Spector we know that your seal still leaks, Dragboat your sludged engine is still sludged, somebody elses engine is still as clean as before.

For each of these unhappy customers I've got 10 who have had great luck.

I posted TGA testing on the Auto-Rx product that was a response to people who wanted more science. No response was written. Just the same old stuff. Lets keep this forum honest and upfront for all,regardlesss of brand or other issues.

Finally let me state the fact that I use Auto-RX in my own cars and like it, I can use a cheaper oil and get lower wear #'s because the oil doesn't have to work so hard. I don't have leaks because I repair them the old fashioned way, by replacing seals!

Lets stick with the debates in a fashion that helps everyone.
wink.gif

Chris,
I believe you've been on here long enough to know we do our best not to delete or censor what is said. There's been a whole lot of things/ times I would have liked to just erase a particular thread , But as you have witnessed, we do on occasion have to make a fine line descision as to delete something that has no reason or mis understandings. I think these moderators do an excellent job and I have not had one issue that I felt they have stepped over on and support their actions.

We have had one person that has been ban'd but only because the issue we have with the attitude cannot be addressed through email, therefore I envoked the ban on that person. This is the reason I mandated correct emails so not to bring issues on the board but address them one on one, therfore reducing any civitly problems and hurting anyones feelings/reputation. So this issue awaits for the other party to communicate via email an we can continue and reset his login as I really enjoyed his insight and felt he contributed but I will not tolerate attitudes that create problems. Everyone on here is an adult and I expect people to act like that. Problems do arise, and as adults, we get them resolved. I nor any of the moderators have any desire to play games with anyone as for baby sitting what people have to say.

Let me add also, that there is more to franks situation than many know, of course that isn't excusing him of his actions but he actually didn't post it on the board and it was what he did to resolve it that makes the difference.I think that has to say alot of anyone.

This also would have been better for me(and schaffers) to leave it on so one might conclude they might not like the situation therefore would have looked more towards the 131 instead of the auto rx, but this is not how I want it to be. I think that people should see all sides to the product and services/ garentee and be able to conclude for themselves without personal prejudices.

This remnds me of my favorite drug, Claritin. There was some talk about bringing a class action suit against its makers, because it only worked in 1/2 the cases where it was prescribed. Well, it works for me, so I'd be upset if they pulled it off the market cause it does not work for someone else.

If this product works 91% of the time, then it's way ahead of the rest of the additive field.

I just want to add another bit of info that shows what a great guy Frank Miller is. Both before and after I started my Auto-rx treatment, he has helped me with advice on the process, through emails. When I mentioned that I thought the product was worth the extra cost of having it sent to Canada, he asked me how much it cost. When I mentioned that because of our exchange rate, and duty, that it ended up costing me $75 CDN for one bottle, he told me that he has now sent me a second bottle for free! How is that for awesome!! I definitely feel this product has worked for me, and I am sure that my upcoming oil analysis results will show an improvement over the last one as a result. I like the idea that my oil won't have to work as hard to keep the engine clean from now on, that translates into the ability to go longer drain intervals. Thanks again to Frank for all his help here, it's greatly appreciated!

Auto-RX and slugged engine.

Through reading this site and others, I had my first oil analysis done last January. It indicated that there might be some water damage. I just sent in my second one and sure enough the trend analysis definitely shows water damage to the oil.

I'm hoping that the sludge is not too serious.

I noticed that for about the last 18 months the oil is much darker than normal. The engine also appears to have lost some power.

I put in Auto-RX with a new filter, and it feels like it has its old power back. I currently have 300 miles on it. It's also running smoother, even though it was tuned only 6 months ago.

Will keep the forum posted.

Have used Auto-RX for three years in Impala and Dodge van. Examined filters early on and found real evidence of cleaning action and noticed improved engine performance. As a chemist, I took the time to analyze Auto-Rx and found its composition and performance in the lab to be consistent with claims. In my conversations with Mr. Frank Miller, I have found him to be an honest and forthright gentleman who has offered sound advice. You have a very satisfied customer here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back