Ramps

Status
Not open for further replies.
The average large car weighs around 3,500-4,000 lbs. Worst case, a pair of ramps are holding 2,000 lbs - which is still a lot of weight - so 8,000 lbs ramps should fit most people's needs. Yes, I have a pair and also use jackstands to calm the wife's nerves about putting the car up on plastic ramps.

I like the composite ramps the metal ones always slid and were a pain.

right now AAP has 16k ramps for 55$ but its a hot item and not eligible for coupons.

the 12k ramps are 50$ and you can use coupons on them.

also if you want wheel chocks dont get the flimsy plastic ones

I paid 7$ each for massive solid rubber ones at harbor freight

they also have a 20$ off 50$ coupon A123 that works
so get a filler $.01 or more item and it will be 20$ off the 12k ones.

Last edited:
I just ordered the 12k ramps with a can of brake cleaner for 33.49$
with code a123

Originally Posted By: lyle
I have a pair of the 12k Rhino's. I've used them a couple of times and been very disappointed. They only lift about 6" so it gets pretty tight under a car using a creeper. Both times they've slipped forward when trying to drive a car up the ramps. The little rubber bumper under the front of the ramp does only 2 things: it leaves rubber marks on the garage floor, and then it falls off. I had to put a rug under the back of each ramp to keep them from slipping. This happens when using them on a '04 and '08 Taurus.

I had enough of that monkeying around, so I bucked up and bought a pair of welded aluminum 10" lift ramps. They're heavier and bulkier than the Rhino's, but worth the extra dollars as far as lift height and comfort. Now I have gobs of room to move around under the car, and they don't EVER slip when driving a car up them. Maybe the Rhino's will work for you, they just didn't for me.

I use the Rhinos to change the oil on my Nissan 370Z. They came with extenders and I have no problem with the front lip clearance. To stop them from skidding forward I went to Walmart and bought a cheap 24x36 rubber backed carpeted bathmat. Cut it lengthwise and put a piece under each ramp, rubber side down. It will keep the ramps from sliding out when driving up them, provided you give them a good kick first to make sure the edge is wedged under the tire a little before starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back