Rotella T 15w-40 in a Yamaha V Star 650?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know if anyone uses Rotella T 15w-40 conventional in a Yamaha V Star 650 as a year round oil?

My scooter specs 15w-40 and would find life easier to buy the same oil for both...thanks

Im using it in a 750 Kawa Brute. But switching to Rotella T-6 5-40 December to March. 15 weight might be a little thick for startup on cold mornings.

I used it in my old VStar 650 for a year. Good stuff..no issues. Looked way better coming out than the factory fill!

According to the yamaha manuals I have seen, in your climate its probably a good fit. In hotter areas I would think a 20w50 would be preferred.

good to know I can...I bought a bunch of Valvoline 4-stroke conventional motorcycle oil at AutoZone on sale for $2.99/qt (price good thru April 30, 2012); I got 12 qts. of 10w-40 & 6 qts. of 20w-50 for future changes; current change was done with Castrol 4T 10w-40 conventional moto oil (before I read the castrol vs valvoline thread in this section) and I will use it for a 'flush' and change out @ 750 miles OCI then go to the Valvoline; thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back