09 subaru wrx, 5w-30 amsoil hdd

Status
Not open for further replies.
09WRX-022512.jpg

Nice.

Man that oil always impresses!! Gonna run it in an 06 VW TDI and maybe even the Speed 3. Heck, even the SUV. My all-time favorite AMSOIL oil and sure 1 of the best period. Nice car btw.

TBN of 10.4 after 3,500 miles?
confused.gif
interesting....

This oil should be the 35k miles oil.
27.gif

Originally Posted By: shpankey
Man that oil always impresses!! Gonna run it in an 06 VW TDI and maybe even the Speed 3. Heck, even the SUV. My all-time favorite AMSOIL oil and sure 1 of the best period. Nice car btw.

I haven't seen very many UOA's of HDD. But from the those that I've seen, I think this Amsoil product would be a great choice for consolidating inventory for your fleet of mixed bag vehicles.

One thing I would do is get a TAN reading early, to ensure acids are actually being controlled while TBN retention is high.

I kinda wish this oil had some moly in it, should i look into adding some or not worry about it?

Originally Posted By: WrxRcr
I kinda wish this oil had some moly in it, should i look into adding some or not worry about it?

Why the need for moly?

No need to add.

Wow, this is nice! Thanks for posting.

How about some more details? Any mods? Putting in the Killer B oil pickup and baffle? What are your driving conditions? Planning to extend the interval at all or are you staying conservative?

Originally Posted By: Pablo

Why the need for moly?

More friction for more powah?
grin2.gif

-Dennis

The car has turboback exhuast, uel headers, cold air intake, bunch of suspension mods, 3 port boost controller, aos and process west top mount. I did about 12 auto_x events, totally around 60 runs. I was running a cobb stage 2 map on this oil, didnt have the 3 port, top mount or headers on the car yet. I also did an time attack event. Dont plan on running the oil car for a longer period of time b.c of my driving habits. Killer b baffle and pickup was also instaled.

Last edited:
That's the highest TBN I have seen on used oil since I've joined this site.

Can you drain the oil into a clean bucket and send to me? I will be sure to run it another 6 or 7K miles.

yeah i drained it, put a new oil pan pick-up and baffle in.

Did your old pickup tube have the dreaded crack in it?

Originally Posted By: Brons2

Can you drain the oil into a clean bucket and send to me? I will be sure to run it another 6 or 7K miles.

If it wasn't for the silicon, I would say the OP mixed up the uoa and voa samples.
grin2.gif

Amsoil Ea panel filter FTW! My si levels were lower with the Ea than with the stock filter.

-Dennis

Originally Posted By: SubLGT
yeah i drained it, put a new oil pan pick-up and baffle in.

Did your old pickup tube have the dreaded crack in it?

No crack just preventative maintenance.

Originally Posted By: Brons2

Lol I should run it in my beater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back