GM dealer oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
What particular oil brands are used in the GM dealerships? Does anyone have an idea or suggestions?

AC Delco Synthetic blend for Dexos 1 application , however most dealers source there own contracts so bulk oil could be anything that meets API SN , GF-5

I would think the blend would cost more because I have always had DINO every 3000 miles on '07 silverado. Cost was not very high. I always wondered about the brand. i have never asked

At my local GM dealer, the technician said they used M1 for their dexos 1 oil, and mobil 5000 for their dino changes, both were visible in bulk tanks from the service bay I was in, the m1 was labeled the other was not, I guess I will take his word for it though...

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Brenden
At my local GM dealer, the technician said they used M1 for their dexos 1 oil, and mobil 5000 for their dino changes, both were visible in bulk tanks from the service bay I was in, the m1 was labeled the other was not, I guess I will take his word for it though...

My local dealer also using mobil 5000 as dino and mobil 1 for synthetic. Also police car auto deparment running dino mobil 5000 and change every 5000 miles.

Exxon-Mobil used to be GM's supplier for factory fill and Goodwrench branded oil. Don't know if still is.

Every GM Dealership I have been to is the same. Conventional oil is AC Delco. Synthetic blend oil is AC Delco. Synthetic oil is Mobil 1. For as long as I can remember the AC Delco oil where I live was Petro-Canada oil. Now it's Exxon-Mobil.

The GM dealer I work at used AC Delco (or Goodwrench as it used to be called). The Dexos is a synthetic blend, and we also use a conventional for regular changes, and Mobil 1 for synthetic.
The AC Delco oils are Mobil.

Originally Posted By: Chris11
Every GM Dealership I have been to is the same. Conventional oil is AC Delco. Synthetic blend oil is AC Delco. Synthetic oil is Mobil 1. For as long as I can remember the AC Delco oil where I live was Petro-Canada oil. Now it's Exxon-Mobil.

GM of Canada switched from Petro Canada to
Shell Canada a few years ago.

GM of Canada AC Delco oil is Exxon-Mobil not Shell. I used that oil for years. The oil jugs were identical to Petro-Canada oils. Now they are identical to Mobil 1 jugs. Printed on the front of the AC Delco oil is the MSDS#. If you look it up online it comes up as a Esso (Exxon-Mobil) oil.

Originally Posted By: chevydude
What particular oil brands are used in the GM dealerships? Does anyone have an idea or suggestions?

Mine offers Mobil 1 or Castrol "Syntec" for synthetic
Dino I dunna know cuz I like synthetic but most likely Mobil 5000.

Durango

Most all the GM dealers around here use a local distributor, Northland Oil, and have for years. They were all using a Northland blend and may still for standard changes. When dexos came around they came out with Northland Synergy Synthetic OE dexos1™. They claim it's a full synthetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back