Hacked open - FVP oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a oil change on my moms 09 Fusion V6 last week and her friends shop that she usually takes the car to for oil changes used a "FVP" brand oil filter. It really did not seem like a bad filter other then the canister being smaller then the Motorcraft FL-820s filter that I used.

Here are a few quick cell phone pics of the hacked open beast!
IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

Originally Posted By: Donald
Come on and get with the program and get the $50 filter cutter. That one looks gnawed apart.

He warned in the title - "Hacked Open"
smile.gif

Looks like a nice filter though, I like the cross reference painted right on the can. I am guessing it is made by Wix.

It has the same part number except the first letter as a Wix filter. Most likely the same filter as a Parts Master that I believe is also a Wix filter.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Looks good. Wonder who makes it. Reminds me of the "partsmaster" $2 bulk filter made by wix.

Originally Posted By: Texan4Life
never heard of FVP. looks kinda like a puro classic clone

Originally Posted By: dan_erickson
It has the same part number except the first letter as a Wix filter. Most likely the same filter as a Parts Master that I believe is also a Wix filter.

If you look at the spring, ADBV, and bypass it is a Wix manufactured filter. the base plate does kinda look like Purolator.

Originally Posted By: Texan4Life
never heard of FVP. looks kinda like a puro classic clone
Looks just like the Purolator classic P12222 i just bought for $3.27 at wal-mart..made in USA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back