AMSOIL EaO11 flow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
Are the 11's still made by Donaldson?

The EaO11 is made in Mexico, Donaldson has a couple of filter plants in Mexico, Amsoil licenses their "nanofiber" filter media from Donaldson, so I'm going to go out on a limb and assume yes. I honestly don't know for sure, but it all certainly adds up.

Mine say "Made in USA" on the can Ben.

OVERK1LL, how are you liking the AZO/EaO11 overall? I just placed an order for AZO/EaO11 myself and should have it next week. This will be the first time in ~2 years the truck hasn't had Red Line in the sump.
scared.gif

VERY happy with it so far. I'm quite interested to see how it holds up for my standard OCI. I will UOA at the end with TBN to see how far I can safely run it.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

The EaO11 is made in Mexico, Donaldson has a couple of filter plants in Mexico, Amsoil licenses their "nanofiber" filter media from Donaldson, so I'm going to go out on a limb and assume yes. I honestly don't know for sure, but it all certainly adds up.

I didn't realize they had filters coming from different plants. Here's mine:

Phonepics018.jpg

My filter was one of the older design EaO11s though, I wonder if all EaO production was moved to the US with the redesign?

OVERK1LL, how are you liking the AZO/EaO11 overall? I just placed an order for AZO/EaO11 myself and should have it next week. This will be the first time in ~2 years the truck hasn't had Red Line in the sump.
scared.gif

VERY happy with it so far. I'm quite interested to see how it holds up for my standard OCI. I will UOA at the end with TBN to see how far I can safely run it.

What are your subjective impressions versus AFE (other than the reduced start up noise attributable to the EaO)? Have you noticed any differences once up to temp?

scared.gif

What are your subjective impressions versus AFE (other than the reduced start up noise attributable to the EaO)? Have you noticed any differences once up to temp?

Nope, seems about the same as the AFE once warm. Only noise the engine makes is the injectors.

However, the reduced start-up noise is significant and has not changed.... As in, this is an on-going improvement and I'm quite happy about that
smile.gif

I didn't realize they had filters coming from different plants. Here's mine:

Phonepics018.jpg

My filter was one of the older design EaO11s though, I wonder if all EaO production was moved to the US with the redesign?

Perhaps? So how old are yours?

Here is mine:

eao01.jpg

eao02.jpg

eao03.jpg

"Product of USA" ... does that mean it was actually made in the USA, or maybe it's code talk to mean it's a product that stems from a USA company but could actually be manufactured elsewhere (?).

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
"Product of USA" ... does that mean it was actually made in the USA, or maybe it's code talk to mean it's a product that stems from a USA company but could actually be manufactured elsewhere (?).

Maybe Pablo knows?

Can you get a pic of the base end? Mine is Mexico, like Ben's. Its 4 years old now, too. Thinking I should screw it on something before it rots away. Hmmm, maybe the Ranger. Maybe on my CV again. Or I could put it on the Fusion. Decisions, decisions.

Can you get a pic of the base end? Mine is Mexico, like Ben's. Its 4 years old now, too. Thinking I should screw it on something before it rots away. Hmmm, maybe the Ranger. Maybe on my CV again. Or I could put it on the Fusion. Decisions, decisions.

Reminds me of the shelf life thread....
smile.gif

As requested:

eao04.jpg

Definitely no Donaldson. Champ Labs, possibly? They use the one bigger hole, IIRC.

Correct. And the bypass valve is the wrong style to be a Donaldson as well.

I just looked at the M1 filter here I have that came off the truck, and this has the same style of bypass as well as the "ZZ" on the base plate. However, the M1 filter does not have the one larger hole.

I think Pablo mentioned Wix or Donaldson helped with media and it seems Champ labs, Wix, and/or Donaldson all have a hand in older/newer Amsoil Ea oil filters on the market.

Perhaps? So how old are yours?

I bought mine after the design change but got leftover stock of the older style filter.

Got my new EaO11 in the mail, it's definitely a completely different filter than the previous Mexican made version.

Phone_Pics_3_23_12007.jpg

Phone_Pics_3_23_12009.jpg

Phone_Pics_3_23_12012.jpg

Phone_Pics_3_23_12010.jpg

Phone_Pics_3_23_12011.jpg

The new filter doesn't feel nearly as robust in the hand, it seems to be a much thinner can.

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
^so, the new one is US made and is different in a 'bad' way from the Mexican made?
crazy.gif

That sure seems to be what Ben is implying, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back