Mitsubishi DiaQueen transmission oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know anything about Mitsubishi DiaQueen transmission oil? Specs, analysis?, equivalents?

Many sebring and stratus coupe owners have switched to mopar atf+4 cause that's what the dealer uses to replace sp111. The coupes have mitsu engines and transmissions. I did a complete flush on mine this past summer with atf+4 and am happy with the results.

Mom's 1991 Plymoth Laser had a Mitsu Engine and Transmission and it spec.'ed either Mitsu Fluid or ATF+3....I used ATF+3 in it and it worked great! On the other hand Dad had tried to use DexII or III in it before I worked on it and it shifted like [censored]!!! Once I flushed the entire thing with ATF+3 it was right back to normal....So I think the poster above has the right idea with ATF+4 since that is what the dealer use's to replace the Mitsu fluid and ATF+3 and ATF+4 fluids have a track record of good interchange with Mitsu ATF fluids!

I've used ATF+4 in various Mitsu/Kia/Hyundais, in place of SPII/III. No issues ever.

There are also a bunch of universal/multivehicle ATF's that can be used. Just make sure the bottle mentions the spec that you need.

DiaQueen is generic .. I have J2 version of that which is latest and greatest compared to sp3. 17 quarts sitting in my basement.. wont be needing ATF for a long time

I have 3 bottles of J2 leftover from my tranny change. I thought about doing a VOA, but I don't have much change to throw around...so it'll have to wait.

I know of a good alternative since I have been searching for a cheaper way to buy SPIII fluid other than paying $7 a quart at the dealer. NAPA sells ATF from Eneos for $4.99 a quart that is SP spec. I don't know about the add pack, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back