Equivalent or better to Amsoil Severe Gear 75W-140

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking transmission gear oil equivalent or better than Amsoil Severe Gear 75W-140.

If there is nothing available then should I buy bottle and send it to blackstone for analysis to see if they have recommendation for equivalent or better?

Thanks advance...

IMO you cant go wrong with SVG. Sending a VOA to blackstone isnt going to get you an answer from them, and I doubt that youll be able to determine a better option by reading the VOA yourself.

What do you think is wrong with SVG that you are looking for the next best thing?

Molakule on here used to make a custom gear lube that quieted a noisy BMW diff better and longer than what I used prior (redline), and Id imagine that his stuff may be "better", but even that is subjective.

Yep I saw one oil study comparing most of the brands and Amsoil was one of the few above others.

Amsoil hard to get on these neighborhoods and I just wanted to see if there is other options available or do I bend over and get hosed with triple prices Amsoil haves.

Originally Posted By: backpack
Yep I saw one oil study comparing most of the brands and Amsoil was one of the few above others.

Amsoil hard to get on these neighborhoods and I just wanted to see if there is other options available or do I bend over and get hosed with triple prices Amsoil haves.

Not sure where you are in KS, but you can very easily order Amsoil, and even then it's not triple the price of comparable synthetics. Also, if you are a PC you can pick up Amsoil from the Wichita, KS Distribution Center:
3800 W. 29th Street S.
Suite 5
Wichita, KS 67217

Reviving a thread with a question.
Based on mola, pablo, and 2015psd, I'm changing diff fluid to Amsoil SG. Readily available at Farm and Home, but what do I do if I need a limited slip additive? Amsoil recommends their branded add, I've always run RedLine additive in other gear oils. Both need to be ordered off the web.
What do the experts here say? Amsoil, RL, or commonly available LubeGard? Any significant difference?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: azsynthetic
The Shockproof blend is not setup for high speed usage though so beware.

Says the racers who run crazy power through 4.88 gears lap after lap ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back