STP Multipurpose Motor Treatment Like MMO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a seafoam ripoff. Bunch of vids on youtube. Couldn't find one doing a vacuum line treatment with it though.

Seen it at Walmart. It's strange its somewhere between b12 and sea foam :p. Only without the alcohol content... Both seafoam and b12 have alcohol this new.stp product does not...the stp product has a flash flush procedure which is kind of neat though...

^It might be somewhat stronger than Sea Foam, depends on product contents. Where is MolaKule when you need him???
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Durango
Not on the shelve over here in California yet. I'd like to find out how well it does against Regane or Techron.

Yes, but how you be able to determine how well it does against them?
21.gif

Very interesting...been a while since STP brought out a new product.

Wonder if we'll see it up here - we only just got Seafoam on the shelves up here in the last year...

Picture on the back cover of Feb's Motor Trend has a chart of STP having much, much higher fuel stability than Sta-bil & Seafoam.

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Picture on the back cover of Feb's Motor Trend has a chart of STP having much, much higher fuel stability than Sta-bil & Seafoam.

well then it must be true if you saw it in a magazine. I am a creature of habit and in the world of additives most tend to be snake oil. Once I find a product that lives up to it's claims I don't sway from it. So I will stick with seafoam until over-whelming evidence to the contrary presents itself.
A picture on a magazine ad won't quite cut it for me.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

well then it must be true if you saw it in a magazine. I am a creature of habit and in the world of additives most tend to be snake oil. Once I find a product that lives up to it's claims I don't sway from it. So I will stick with seafoam until over-whelming evidence to the contrary presents itself.
A picture on a magazine ad won't quite cut it for me.

lol.gif
Yep.

Here's the site - you can see the chart here: http://www.stp.com/products/multipurpose-additives/multipurpose-motor-treatment/

Watch the video here: http://www.stp.com/maintenance/see-the-difference/

Wonder how much PEA it has in it?

Please forgive my ignorance but what is "fuel stability" and what does it do for a fuel system and/or engine? How does it make the STP additive better (or worse)? If this STP stuff has any real benefit I might consider trying it. Thanks.

According to http://www.armoredautogroup.com/pdf/STP/STP-Multipurpose-Motor-Treatment-(6-2011).pdf

It contains:
Quote:
Petroleum naphtha, hydrotreated light 10 - 100% 1200 mg/m3
TWAb

CAS # 64742-47-8
Diphenylamine 0 - 10% 10 mg/m3
TLV-TWAa
CAS # 122-39-4

And yea, if you look up the CAS numbers - tje Petrol. Naptha is basically the oil, the Diphenylamine seems to be an "anti-scar" chemical used on apples.....lol....

Certainly, there's more to this formula than what's on the MSDS :p

I can assure that.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back