K&N oil filter quality??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't seem to find any coments/reviews on K&N oil filters. Particulaly in comparison to a Bosch. Does anyone have any experience with K&N quality?

Originally Posted By: tomcat27
very good filter. they are made by Champion labs and are essentially a Mobil 1 filter with a nut welded on the end.

Didn't know that. I tended to avoid them because I knew so little about them, but maybe I'll start getting them when they're part of oil sales or some such.

Good to know, good to know.

I've run the K&N many times and have never had a problem. I usually run these quality filters, like other Premium filters, 2X...on "back to back" for 7K OCI's. They hold up well and keep on filtering on a relatively clean engine.

Originally Posted By: lexrx3
I can't seem to find any coments/reviews on K&N oil filters. Particulaly in comparison to a Bosch. Does anyone have any experience with K&N quality?

Just posted this last night. The quality is second to none, in my opinion. Very likely Champion Labs highest end design and basically identical to the M1 EP filters. Of course the part that is really unknown is the media efficency. I wasn't able to get any information from K&N about efficency.

I run em on my motorcycles and have always felt they are about as solid as any other filter. Like many said, its pretty much a Mobil 1 filter with the added 14mm nut on it.

They are quite pricey up here about 13$ for a wix 51515 configuration equivalent. Thats not on sale because oil products dont seem to ever go on sale in canada. But ive used quite alot. more back in the day but love the nut, it makes removal quite easy (most of the time). If the mobil 1 filter is the same im using it right now and seems flawless. Ill post when i cut it open so you can see inside it. Since its a nut less k&n.

I like them again now that they are being made in the USA again. At work, I started to notice made in Mexico and then made in South Korea and then all of a sudden more and more are made in the USA again.
Im very happy to see that b/c the quality went down.. The USA was best then Mexico went down the quality and S Korea was the worst...

Please don't dredge up 7+ year old topics to add commentary.or ask questions.

Make a new topic if you wish share your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back