Oil recommendation for 2008 Lexus GS 350 awd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone and Happy New Year!!!
Back to the business ☺.
I just purchase from family member 2008 Lexus GS 350 AWD.
The car has 15K miles on the clock. Been me, I always change oil on all my cars.
I was surprised that Lexus recommends 5-30 oil for this car and not 5-20. Also it uses timer/counter for oil change intervals. Every 5k miles or 6 month no matter how you drive it. Said this, my question is: should I use good quality dino or inexpensive synthetic since I need to dump oil every 5K mile no matter what in order to keep warranty?
Thank you for your input.

I would always still prefer a synthetic over a Dino oil, but most Dino's should do that mileage quite easily depending on your driving habits ( Stop and Go, Or longer Miles). It's only a recommendation but Mobil Super Synthetic is $19.00 dollars at Meijers for 5 qt jug. You really can't beat that price, in addition it is good for 7500 miles. Remember it's not just the oil, but a quality filter to. Pure1 Filter would be perfect for that miles you intend to drain on, very low cost around 5 or 6 dollars.

Thanks for the reply. I also incline to use synthetic, just hate to waist money on something I would not get full use of it. The only thing is concerns me is that Lexus 3,5 liter engine is high performance and I'm not sure how easy it is on oil.

the X-20 weight oils was reccomand years ago, nothing new. Mobil good, Amsoil better but think about your drains. I have an 98, 06 and 08 (all ES) and the dealers are okay at best.

Snowmaker, thanks for reply. So what you saying, Lexus issues TSB for oil weight change to w20 like ford did years ago. If this is a case, I'm using w20 then.

Originally Posted By: dima
Snowmaker, thanks for reply. So what you saying, Lexus issues TSB for oil weight change to w20 like ford did years ago. If this is a case, I'm using w20 then.

Yes, there are TSB's on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back