Can I use Lucas Marine Grease as everyday grease?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Title says it all! Can I use it in Ball Joints, Tie Rods, bearings, winches, gears? I bought a case for a good price!
Thanks

Lucas Marine Grease is a premium, heavy duty lithium complex NLGI GC-LB certified grease formulated with a unique additive system designed to provide maximum lubrication under the most severe marine operating conditions. A true marine grease with applications in trailer wheel bearing, trailer chassis lubrication, automotive wheel bearings and outboards. Typical weld point of 620 Kg. The minimum industry standard is 200 Kg. Not recommended for centralized dispensing systems.

Key Benefits
•NLGI GC-LB Certified
•Typical weld point of 620 Kg. The minimum industry standard is 200 Kg.
•Timken Load 80 lbs
•Dropping point 540 lbs
•Provides rust and corrosion protection in both fresh water and salt water environments.
•Effective Water Resistance
•Long Lasting
•Resist Extreme Pressure
•Extreme Friction Reducer

While I'm not familiar with this particular grease, the short answer is Yes! Here are strengths: Lithium Complex; GC-LB Certified. The weld point and Timken Load are both impressive. You don't specify if it is NLGI #2. If it is, I certainly would use it for wheel bearings, universal joints, ball joints, tie-rod ends and general chassis applications. You didn't mention CV joints...for CV's, you want a Moly additive grease.
I personally use Mystik JT-6 Hi-Temp L/C #2, which meets Spicer specifications or Delo L/C #2...and the specs. you listed for the Lucas Marine Grease are very similiar.
I think you're good to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back