2007 Dodge Ram 5.9 Oil Analysis Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last I recall, Blackstone was recommending 20k miles, were they not? It's possible (not assured) you could go the entire year on one conventional OCI. WOW! That would be incredible.

One thing you might consider is to simply run two OCIs per year; spring and fall. You'd be assured you're well within a safe OCI range (approximately 15k miles each), and you'd be under the truck twice. I'm a big fan of getting under there for inspections, and oil changes are a good reason to kill two birds with one stone. Doing them each spring/fall means nice weather, if you don't have a garage to do the OCIs in.

You could run one Amsoil lube/EaO filter cycle for the whole year, and only have one OCI to deal with. But you'd pay 3x+ more money and not get anywhere close to the ROI.

Regardless, congrat's on such a successful dino OCI plan; it's impressive. Given your current mileage, and fantastic success with the VPB, I'd stay the course you're on.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sikesix
BigGrayMegaCab,
Have you always used VPB 15W40? Have you gone 20K yet and how about a final UOA?

I started running VPB when the truck had 22k on it and I will roll 122k tomorrow so pretty much the entire time I have owned it it has had VPB running through its veins.

I have not made it to 20k yet since I left the truck parked for most of the summer. I have about 17k on the oil now but not sure I want to push it out to 20 since it sat so much and I did a lot more short trips than what I normally do, once I do change it I will post the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back