M5OD-R1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed out the FF at 3k miles in my 2010 Ranger and replaced it with the Amsoil ATF. Not that it was shifting bad or anything like that, just wanted to get the initial wear out of it. I can say the thing shifts smoother with the Amsoil ATF in it though. Also did the rear at the same time and used the Amsoil Severe Gear 75W-90, again, just to remove the initial wear.

Originally Posted By: troyb43
I changed out the FF at 3k miles in my 2010 Ranger and replaced it with the Amsoil ATF. Not that it was shifting bad or anything like that, just wanted to get the initial wear out of it. I can say the thing shifts smoother with the Amsoil ATF in it though. Also did the rear at the same time and used the Amsoil Severe Gear 75W-90, again, just to remove the initial wear.

I did similar but with no improvement in gears 1-3. I drained the 5 speed and went with Pennzoil synchromesh over the weekend. Time will tell if it makes any real difference. Pennzoil synchromesh is thinner at 9.08 cst then Redline MTL or Amsoil MTF. I need some cold weather to set in before I will be able to tell if there is any real difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back