Cleaning oil stain from cloth upholstery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spilled a small amount of oil onto the back seat of my car. I cleaned it with some Woolite and hot water mixture, but there is still an obvious lighter spot where the oil was:

Any tips on getting it out? Thanks in advance.

Dawn dishwashing liquid worked in for a long time and after it is rinsed out leave a rag on the spot untill dry to wick the oil out.

Try a little green machine, first do couple of passes with purple power/water mix in the unit then a pass with Bissells product to basically clean the purple power out of the machine and a few passes with 100% warm water.
It will look like brand new 100%!

folex is your answer. it will get just about anything out of fabric. you can get it at lowes. need to spray the area and let it dwell for 15- 30 min depending on how bad the stain is. from there blot away ( do not run it into the fabric ) and you are done !

I've found SHOUT works really well on breaking down oil stains due to its enzymes. It may have to sit for a couple of hours. To remove it & the stain, spray/sprinkle/dump hot water on the stained area for a couple of seconds then suck it up with a shop vac. Repeat as necessary.

I ended up using Tuff Stuff since my buddy had a can, it worked well after a few coats and light scrubbing with a damp cloth.

Thanks for the advice everybody.

Originally Posted By: matrass
folex is your answer. it will get just about anything out of fabric. you can get it at lowes. need to spray the area and let it dwell for 15- 30 min depending on how bad the stain is. from there blot away ( do not run it into the fabric ) and you are done !

x2 on the folex. When I read this thread though a few days old, I felt compelled & grabbed my bottle and cleaned a spot in the hallway carpet! I have used it on several moly grease stains on living room carpet and it got mooooost of it out if you know what I mean. Mom has some kind of spray. I'll look to see what it is. It also worked very well. Maybe Oxy this or that..can't exactly remember what was there.
Cheers, BobaLouie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back