Pennasol 0w-40. What oil is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found a really cheap lot, but what is known about this oil?
Seems to be a german brand and the label says:

Pennasol 0w-40 Hightec

ACEA A3/B3, A3/B4
API SM/CF
Approved in compliance with / under different label
VW-Norm 503 01, 502 00, 505 00
MB-Freigabe 229.3, 229.5
BMW Longlife-01
Porsche (without Cayenne V6)
Level:
Renault RN 710

Pennasol 0w40 appears on paper to be a good oil. It is refined in Germany and is in the "garage lube" market. Their oils are aimed at bulk sales and a much cheaper competitor against the "majors". This is a fine oil from the little I know.

Last edited:
that's what I thought, a3/b3 combined with BMW LL-01 gives a strong oil in the lubrizol diagram at least.
Maybe I could use it in medium change intervals in both the jeep 4.0 and the Peugeot 1.6 then?

Sorry to say, the distributor of of this oil a supermarket chain in Hungary who sells really sh*t oils for extremely cheap price. I'm not involved in the business, but I do not propose to se it seriously. But good coice for engine flush or top-up if no othetr oil is available...

Last edited:
I have used the Pennasol super pace 5W-40 a couple of times, and I have not noticed anything unusual, it seems to perform like most other 5W-40 oils I have used through the years.

I don´t doubt the manufacturers claims and I think their products are just fine, nothing exceptional and they are not the lubrication industry leaders in any way but for a normal car without specific issues they work great.

The ridiculous oil prices in Europe have made people suspicious of oils sold at lower prices even if their spec's are good, it just have to be super expensive to be taken seriously.

I'm sure it's fine to use if it carries those manufacturer approvals.

If you can get Mobil 1 0w40, use that instead -- it's a better oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back