Pure One for Corvette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,

Is there a "longer" PureOne oil filter for my car? See sig for info.

Thank you all!

Yes, you can use the Ford filter on that.

PL12222 - Pureone stock size

longer:
or 57502 Wix, or Pureone PL22500

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Thank you, Sir. You truly are a beast when it comes to useful info!
cool.gif

Originally Posted By: Last_Z
Thank you, Sir. You truly are a beast when it comes to useful info!
cool.gif

Hahahahha, you're welcome. However you may want to see how the clearance under your Corvette is. If that longer filter hangs below the oil pan I would use the shorter one.

The longer filter is just over 1/2" longer, according to Purolator's website. I'll keep that in mind.

Originally Posted By: beast3300
However you may want to see how the clearance under your Corvette is. If that longer filter hangs below the oil pan I would use the shorter one.

It probably will hang down some below the oil pan - which is dangerous.

The PureOne filter on my '02 Vette (PL14006)is basically flush with the oil pan. I wouldn't want it hanging down any more than it is.

using a Motorcraft filter on a Corvette------disgraceful. You need to be turned in to Corvetteforum.com for this inexcusable thought.

I like the AC Delco on my 02 Z---zero start up noise-with the P1, I'd sometimes hear a few taps before evereything got going

I decided to go with the longer PL22500. That and QS Ultimate Durability. The filter does hang a bit lower by about 1/2", but I should be ok. I barely drive the car anyway.

Thanks for the help guys.

By the way, the next fill will be with Motorcraft 5W-30 blend.

Whoa...slow down guys! Only the oil...not the filter!! You think I'm trying to get my butt kicked by Vette fanatics? The oil will be in the future...it isn't in yet. If it even happens.

Originally Posted By: Last_Z
By the way, the next fill will be with Motorcraft 5W-30 blend.

Does that Motorcraft oil meet the GM spec for the Vette? Why not go full synthetic that meets the GM spec?
crazy.gif

Because Dexos (GM's own oil) is a blend. Also, because I've run MC blend in a turbo engine and it produced great results. MC has been proven to be an outstanding oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back