09 ford focus wrench light

Status
Not open for further replies.
So tonight my moms focus had a wrench light come on! It has 35,000 on it. It was one for 20 mins and just turned off. According to Ford this light means something to do with the throttle . Anyone have ant ideas . My mom said car still ran ok but I wasn't there to be sure.

They said that wouldn't cause it. Last night she got gas and it took the car 10 minutes to go past half way on the gauge. She did get a full tank BTW. They said that wasn't related either. I hate the ford dealer there all rude and obnoxious .

Probably the throttle positions sensor. The 08-11 Foci are somewhat known for having problems with those. Be careful, it might go into limp mode and not let you go over like 30mph. I'd ask the dealer if they could swap it out. Try a different dealer.

Last edited:
The "wrench" is the "check engine light". Does your mom have an owner's manual?

If the fuel tank is overfilled, it can cause the "wrench" light to come on. If the fuel cap isn't tight, the light will come on. It can be a million things, none of which you can self-diagnose.

It indicates fault in a powertrain component generally. They will need to pull the code present to follow the proper diagnostic procedure. There could be P, B, or U codes present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back