2006 Jetta TDI // Rotella T6 5w40 // 4,461mi OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first UOA on my wife's PD-TDI Jetta. The vehicle now has 80k on it, but we got a complete new cylinder head installed at 65k due to a faulty injector seal that damaged the injector bore in the head (under CPO, lucky us). Given that only the valvetrain is newer, I don't think this engine is experiencing any "break-in" period 15k later. At least, I don't see it in the wear metals.

The driving cycle is mostly city, lots of cold starts, and probably high-revs when the engine is not fully warmed. It looks like the T6 is going well, although I think I'll wait another UOA or two until I venture into extending the OCI.

(Values not listed are < 5ppm)

Code:

Iron - 33

Moly - 57

Boron - 29

Calcium - 991

Magnesium - 1007

Phos - 1097

Zinc - 1200

kV@100C - 13.39 cSt

Flashpoint - 440

Fuel -
Insol - 0.3%

TBN - 7.4

Overall, I'm very happy with the RT6 in this motor and feel good about continuing to use it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would agree; 4.4k miles is a min here. I'd say 6k or more could be done.

I know the Fe is a trait of the TDIs, so I don't see a major issue there. Especially if the "new" head included a new cam.

Surprisingly good UOA for a short hopper. The iron should drop after the valvegear breaks in but I don't really know what "normal" is for that engine. My advice would be to run it out to 5 or 6K at least on the next run. Plenty of additives left with that 7.4 TBN showing!

Looks great for a PD; keep using T6 or M1 TDT in it (and keep it topped up!) and run it out for 10k miles on the oil changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back