Best ATF for AW TF-80SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a '07 late Phase 2 D5 Volvo XC70 fitted with the 6-speed AW TF-80SC auto box which I want to change the fluid on as it approaches 48k miles.

There are many threads in various forums describing both the process and fluids to use regarding the earlier 5-speed AW50-51 box but I'm a bit confused about the fluid to use for this later one.

Is it still the JWS 3309 spec or is it a longer life synthetic version in this supposedly 'sealed for life' AW-1 fluid box?

Some claim that this 'sealed for life' box never requires fluid changes but this seems stretching it a bit for a car that is doing 36k miles/yr and which I want to keep
going for a while yet.

If so, there is the Amsoil synthetic ATF, the Mobil JWS 3309 ATF used in the 5-speed or the Fuchs Titan 4400 3309 compatible fluid.

Should it be a synthetic for the later 6-speed or will the others be as good as they are in the 5-speed?

Thanks for any attempt to clear my confusion.

Pete

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pete_B
I have a '07 late Phase 2 D5 Volvo XC70 fitted with the 6-speed AW TF-80SC auto box ....

The AW TF-80SC can use Amsoil ATF:

Quote:
Automatic Transmission,TF-80SC......TIV
Synthetic Multi-Vehicle Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATFQT)

Amsoil ATF - Link

Thanks!

Thanks both for the information. I have e-mailed the Amsoil (and Fuchs) Tech Services for any feedback they can give on actual performance & experiences of their fluids in this AW transmission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back