GREASE FOR WARN WINCH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Fellas ,in the process of rebuilding my Warn winch ,now the manual calls for Aeroshell 17 to be used ,is there another brand grease that can be used ,Can't find a cross-ref chart with Aeroshell 17 in it,any help much appreciated

If it helps, from a TDS:

AeroShell Grease 17 is extreme pressure multipurpose grease recommended for heavily loaded sliding steel surfaces where protection against seizure and corrosion is desired; e.g. bogie pivot pins on jet aircraft landing gear assemblies.
It is made with synthetic diester base oil, molybdenum disulfide and Microgel non-melting inorganic thickener, which provides outstanding anti-friction bearing lubrication.
It has a useful temperature range of -100° F (-73° C) to +300° F (+149° C). AeroShell Grease 17 is qualified under MIL-G-21164D specification.

Seems to be a lithium complex with 5% moly.

Hey mate,

Aeroshell is a di-ester based grease, and I think uses a modified clay based thickener, it's definitely not lithium based.

I think it's discontinued now, (replaced with Aeroshell 33MS ??) and FWIW I'd use CAT Desert Gold grease instead.

You can get it from Westrac.

This is a synthetic oil (PAO) based grease with 5% moly and is calcium sulphonate thickened, so resists rust and water washout extremely well.

Thanks Rick
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back