What Is Everyones Favorite Brand Gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever is the cheapest. Around here I see fuel trucks pull into Shell, drop gas, drive a few miles and drop gas at a no name station. I'll save the money and buy the cheapest gas, add a little MMO to the mix and call it a day. JMO

Wawa (which is not around these parts) is supplied by Sunoco.

I use either Sunoco or Mobil here. Threre are a few Gulfs (farther away) rare bits of Exxons and one Shell here.

All above have beyond EPA minimum additives and I keep my cars a long time.

The rest are Kwik-Fills (base EPA additives and had corrosion issues a few years ago - they own their refinery), Citgos (min EPA additives Hugo Chavez/PDVSA), and Fastrac (Syracuse chain store that buys the cheapest and min additives).

All about the same price.

Chevron and Texaco, both with Techron. Used by most manufactures for EPA tests. All gasoline is pretty much the same in a given area, it's the additives that set them apart.

I used to use mostly Speedway becuase I hvae thir credit card and points for free gas add up quick, now though I dont always pass one so 66 or BP is usually what i end up with occasionally Thorntons or shell

in wichita ks we have Quick Trip. only they will only say "can have as much as 10% ethanol" CAN HAVE, but they will NOT say it does or it doesnt. i think ill ask around.

Originally Posted By: morris
in wichita ks we have Quick Trip. only they will only say "can have as much as 10% ethanol" CAN HAVE, but they will NOT say it does or it doesnt. i think ill ask around.

You cant get away from that stupid Ethanol junk any more. At least here where I live. And boy does it KILL my mpg`s!

Generally, I run whatever is cheapest or convinient.

If I had to pick a brand, it would be Petro-Canada - my old Cavalier ran noticeably better on PC gas. The Tribute doesn't seem nearly as fussy, runs the same on all gas, but I still 'like' PC and their products.

absolutely the cheapest that i can find on my current route, without going too much out of my way. Also I am swayed by the 40c a gallon discount currently offered by shell and the grocery store deal (i shop there anyway).

I run 87 octane from the same Exxon station exclusively. Never had contamination issues and my car seems to run the best on it.

I used to use Mobil only because i had the speedpass that saved me 15 cents. i now use shell because it consistently get better MPGs using it. only bad thing is all my local shell stations close at night and im usually out at night. so mobil are the only 24/7 stations around. last tank i was forced to use mobil and my MPG dropped again. this tank im back on shell. if MPGs are better then i know forsure that my local mobil station sucks or shell in my area is better.

Originally Posted By: MrRPM
I used to use Mobil only because i had the speedpass that saved me 15 cents. i now use shell because it consistently get better MPGs using it. only bad thing is all my local shell stations close at night and im usually out at night. so mobil are the only 24/7 stations around. last tank i was forced to use mobil and my MPG dropped again. this tank im back on shell. if MPGs are better then i know forsure that my local mobil station sucks or shell in my area is better.

For some reason, I reliably get 1-2 mpg better on Shell 93 than Mobil 93.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back