# 3 Back In Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could't even wear his socks let alone his shoes nor anyone els for that matter.

ACTUALLY he won the 2011 championship in the #3 camping world truck owned by RCR. Dillion will field a #3 nationwide series car and the number will follow him to Cup. RCR is expecting this in 2013.

The number 3 currently , and also while Earnhardt Senior was driving the car, belongs to Richard Childress. If the Dillon boy does well in the Nationwide Series next year, R C should use the 3 when he graduates to cup.

I do not believe he will be as dirty a driver as Earnhardt Sr. I have been a race fan for almost 60 years, and I never did like Sr's dirty style.

Originally Posted By: 1999nick
The number 3 currently , and also while Earnhardt Senior was driving the car, belongs to Richard Childress. If the Dillon boy does well in the Nationwide Series next year, R C should use the 3 when he graduates to cup.

I do not believe he will be as dirty a driver as Earnhardt Sr. I have been a race fan for almost 60 years, and I never did like Sr's dirty style.

I agree with you.

Furthermore, when Richard Childress drove his own cars on the Cup circuit, he ran a CRC Chemicals #3.

Yeah, #3 was the number Earnhardt had the most success with, but it's not "his" number.

Earnhardt drove a #2 for Rod Osterlund and a #15 for Bud Moore. Ricky Rudd drove the #3 while Earnhardt was running the #15 Wrangler car.

Sorry, this whole Earnhardt #3 thing is overblown IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back