2000 Jeep Cherokee Horn Wont Stop Honking Steady

Status
Not open for further replies.
on my sisters 2000 jeep cherokee all of a sudden the horn started honking steady as if someone was holding the horn button (jeep was in my driveway with nobody around) .. Did anyone else have or ever heard of this problem? I had to disconnect the battery at 1am this morning to make it stop.
It was raining if that makes a difference and there is No alarm in this jeep.

Last edited:
Just unplug the wire from the horn. This happened on my 94 Jeep Wrangler, led to people giving me the finger as it would randomly honk and then stayed on steady. Wire had to be replaced as it had deteriorated. If its anything like the 94 4.0 the wire is a clip-in type that plugs into the horn(black cylinder looking thing.

The horn very rarely goes bad and is usually wire related.

http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f2/horn-not-working-help-48724/

Last edited:
probably the circle connector in the steering column under the steering wheel. i cannot think of that name to save my life right now!!!

Originally Posted By: Anies
Just unplug the wire from the horn. This happened on my 94 Jeep Wrangler, led to people giving me the finger as it would randomly honk and then stayed on steady.
This will stop the horn but leaves the relay energized which will kill the battery eventylly.
The part thats most likely bad is called the clockspring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back