ATP-205

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know if I should post this in this section, or the greases, or additive sections, due to my projected use of this stuff.

Does anyone know what's in this product??
Is it mostly some form of ester, since it is claimed to swell seals in power steering units, and possibly auto transmissions?

Would it work to swell/'revive' rubber bushings/grommets/etc. in automotive suspensions/chassis???
Or would it just destroy/deteriorate said bushings?

Has anyone used it sucessfully in this capacity/function?

Inquiring minds want to know.

AT-205 RE-SEAL™ is now available in a five gallon container as Part No. AT-207. AT-205 RE-SEAL™ is a special plasticizer which softens and expands hydraulic seals to stop leaks. AT-205 can be used for power steering, transmission, engine, differential and any hydraulic system (except brakes) - including jacks, lifts, plows, industrial equipment leaks. In addition, AT-205 will restore sunroof seals, wiper blades and any rubber-based items.

AT-205 contains no petroleum distillates and will not cause seals to become gummy and eventually break down. AT-205 RE-SEAL™ will replace over one dozen different single purpose leak products.

For further details, contact your local ATP supplier. ATP-Inc. is a leading supplier of automatic transmission parts, cables, flywheels and ring gears, interior vent filters and chemicals.

What is the problem that you're trying to fix?

ATP205 Re-Seal is the real deal mechanic in a bottle.
If you have a minor leak or drip, there's a very positive chance that Re-Seal with take care of it and quickly. I know of shops that stock it for customers who can't afford a big job but need to keep going. Re-Seal rarely fails to do what it says it will do.
I've stopped a rack & pinion unit from leaking, power steering hoses, rear main seal I put in an LT1 slowed down to a crawl, but the seal was just in to bad a shape, but re-seal did very well vs. the constant dripping.
I have not tried it in a transmission before, as I usually run lubegard red anyway.

But I'm very pleased with it and ATP's other products.

Originally Posted By: unDummy
What is the problem that you're trying to fix?

I am trying to slightly swell, and restore the rubber bushings in my front lower control (A) arms, and lower Koni shock eyelet rubber bushings, without destroying/deteriorating them, until I can replace them with upgrades.
These are all original, 11 year old, 130K+ VERY HARD mile bushings BTW.

Last edited:
If I want to spary ATP-205 on suspension bushings, what is the best solvent to use? Would rubbing alcohol work or it would cause problems? I purchase the can and NOT the spray.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Does anyone think/know that this stuff is mostly some form of ester??

It is made of Diethylene Glycol Monoethyl Ether.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Does anyone think/know that this stuff is mostly some form of ester??

It is made of Diethylene Glycol Monoethyl Ether.

Thanks.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Vikas
If I want to spary ATP-205 on suspension bushings, what is the best solvent to use? Would rubbing alcohol work or it would cause problems? I purchase the can and NOT the spray.

When you say "can", do you mean some sort of powdered form, and you are asking what to mix/liquify it with??

I've ONLY seen it in either a VERY small aerosol spray can (like the very smallest WD-40 size), or an
If it is a powder form, I would call them and ask, telling them your intened purpose/use.

Sorry, I have the bottle with the liquid and not the can. I thought I would have to dilute it to spray but you are implying that I can just put it a spray bottle and spray. I did not know that it is thin enough to be sprayed as it is.

- Vikas

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Sorry, I have the bottle with the liquid and not the can. I thought I would have to dilute it to spray but you are implying that I can just put it a spray bottle and spray. I did not know that it is thin enough to be sprayed as it is.

- Vikas

Yes, that is exactly how I use it, poured directly into one of those ZEP hand spray bottles which can be had at any H.D./Lowes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back