Oil for Acura MDX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course. I'm not sure if that's a 5-30 or 5-20 recommendation, the engine would be identical just the manual would be different. In your climate really any synthetic 5-20 would do well, with a 5000~7500 OCI.

More importantly, has the timing belt been replaced?

The recomended oil is 5W20 and yes the timing has just been changed by the previous owner. Maybe i'll give PP a try, so PP 5w20 would be ok?

The engine calls for 5W-20. I have used Mobil 1 0W-20, Pennzoil Platinum 5W-20, and Pennzoil Ultra 5W-20 in mine and they've all run real nice in it. I think the Ultra 5W-20 was the quietest, but all have been very quiet in it.

I don't think any motor oils in the 5W-20 grade have HTO-06 certification; that's a 5W-30 thing only I believe.

Originally Posted By: 2001SE
What about hight milleage oil, is that any good?

I think it's fine to use. If you don't have any leaks, there may not be much to gain from it. The Honda J35 engine seems to love light oils, and high mileage oils are often on the heavier side of the scale for any given grade, and sometimes have constituents that are not optimal for fuel economy.

If you don't have any oil leaks or oil consumption issues, I probably would stick to oils other than high mileage oils.

You could also go with Maxlife HM 5W20 which is a heavy 5W20 and does help with preventing/helping leaks, cleaning, and a very good add pack...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back