ConocoPhillips Guardol HDEO? Banner ad interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else have their interest peaked by this stuff? I've looked at it a few times and admit I'd never even heard of it. It doesn't appear to be the same as Motorcraft and I also see they list a 10w30.

Is the titanium a gimmick or a good idea? Anybody tried it or seen if for sale anywhere?

Here's a link for those of you who have advertising blocked:

http://www.conocophillipslubricants.com/titanium/

ConocoPhillips has four brands, Conoco, Phillips, 76, and Kendall, plus Circle K stores & gas, and bottles the oil for Motorcraft.

Guardol is an old brand for 76.

I read the patent Afton Chemical has on their Liquid Titanium. Afton is one of the major suppliers of lubricant additives, along with Lubrizol, ChevronOronite, and Infineum (Royal Dutch/Shell & ExxonMobil). Some background -- ZDDP forms a wear resistant, high friction tribofilm on contact points of lubricated surfaces. ZDDP plus expensive moly forms a wear resistant, low friction tribofilm. Afton's Liquid Titanium, first used by ConocoPhillips, is a lower cost replacement for moly to do that same job. I trust ConocoPhillips and I'd use any of their products including oils containing Liquid Titanium.

Thank you for the informative post.

Has anyone seen either version for sale anywhere? It would be fun to give it a run.

Rats, no Pep Boys here. Sometimes you can find Kendall at 66 stations here but not at a price I want to pay.

I've not seen any Motorcraft that mentioned titanium either.

I'm a big fan of the Rotella's but thought trying this would be fun, I don't think it's going to pan out.

I picked up 3 Gallons of the Kendall Super D, XA blend with Liquid Titanium during my Spring visit to Florida. Great Price at a truck stop for $12 a gallon.

I used this Diesel in a 50/50 mix with Kendall 5W-30 synthetic blend on clearance sale at Auto Zone. It's been running in some friends cars and SUVs since late Spring and I've had nothing but compliments on the oil.

IMO....Diesel oil in API-SM, CJ-4 for mixed fleet use works superb when mixed with conventional motor oils especially during the very hot summer months.

I've done the same with Shell Rotella/Formula Shell, Mobil Delvac/Mobil Super Synthetic, Castrol Tection/Castrol GTX Synthetic Blend, Valvoline Premium Blue/NAPA Full Synthetic and Chevron Delo/Havoline Supreme. These were all 50/50 or 60/40 mixes of the blends.

IMO...These Diesel Dino oils and blends are great when added with conventional oil for gasoline engines. They all start with a nice high TBN and have a healthy dose of Zinc and Phosphorous along with calcium and other goodies. I only use these blends of Diesel and PCMO in older vehicles that are older than 7 years. You would not want to try them out on a late model vehicle since there are warranty issues and they have high doses of additives and detergents for engine cleanliness.

Originally Posted By: mongo161
I picked up 3 Gallons of the Kendall Super D, XA blend with Liquid Titanium during my Spring visit to Florida. Great Price at a truck stop for $12 a gallon.

I used this Diesel in a 50/50 mix with Kendall 5W-30 synthetic blend on clearance sale at Auto Zone. It's been running in some friends cars and SUVs since late Spring and I've had nothing but compliments on the oil.

IMO....Diesel oil in API-SM, CJ-4 for mixed fleet use works superb when mixed with conventional motor oils especially during the very hot summer months.

I've done the same with Shell Rotella/Formula Shell, Mobil Delvac/Mobil Super Synthetic, Castrol Tection/Castrol GTX Synthetic Blend, Valvoline Premium Blue/NAPA Full Synthetic and Chevron Delo/Havoline Supreme. These were all 50/50 or 60/40 mixes of the blends.

IMO...These Diesel Dino oils and blends are great when added with conventional oil for gasoline engines. They all start with a nice high TBN and have a healthy dose of Zinc and Phosphorous along with calcium and other goodies. I only use these blends of Diesel and PCMO in older vehicles that are older than 7 years. You would not want to try them out on a late model vehicle since there are warranty issues and they have high doses of additives and detergents for engine cleanliness.

I concur wholeheartedly with you on your approach and am either doing the same or in the process of converting my other vehicles over.

I just Google'd a 66 truck stop that is close to me I'm going to try that, thanks.

I'm running Kendall Super D-XA 15W-40 in a Duramax. I will run oil analysis as soon as the OLM gets down to 20%. I'll post it in the UOA section.

IMO....I would not use this oil in a Gasoline Engine. It is rated API-CI. If you want to use a HDEO in a Gasser....make sure that it is API-SM CJ-4 and rated for fleet use. I think that this oil is specific for Diesel engines and tractors...etc and not for fleet use.

Originally Posted By: 4Kings
I can get this.
Probably same as Motorcraft

C-P HD Oil

For a UOA, check this thread:
"03 Dmax, 8215 mi on Kendall Super-D XA 15W-40"
in the UOA Diesel section.
At less than $13. a gallon, this oil is a great value.

Thank you, I will check that.

My problem, I can't find the stuff! There is a Conoco truck stop a good bit south of town, if I get down that way I'll detour and see if I can score some.

Cool, the Conoco south of town is a Flying J. I may get to try some of this stuff yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back