1992 F-150 oil reccomendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 1992 Ford F-150 4x4 with 214,000 miles on the original engine. No knocks or anything. Just looking for an oil recommendation Have been using valvoline max life and recently put some Quaker State high mileage in since it was on sale. Any help is appreciated.

10w30 maxlife and you should hit 400k easy, if it you 200 it will get you 400, and run good filters. See the filter section for suggestions. Good luck Rick.

Keep doing what you are doing.Any name brand 10-30 or 10-40 on an engine with that many miles will work.Grab what is on sale and a Motorcraft filter and you are good to go.Make sure you change oil and filter every 4-5000 miles.
I am running Pennzoil Ultra I got on sale super cheap in my F-150 302.Before that I used Valvoline or Napa.I like the synthetic so I will try to keep using it if I can get it on sale,if not I will use any name brand dino oil.
Enjoy your truck

The QS isn't too bad. I prefer the valvoline stuff though. I would like to run synthetic like I do in my mustang but I don't want to find out about oil leaks I don't want to know about
wink.gif

I've had the truck for about a year now for a hunting rig, and honestly I think a UOA on this think would be like a horror movie lol. The oil is so black and nasty and if you know anything about these trucks it is darn near impossible not to get it all over you while changing it.

What you are currently doing is more than good enough. You're using a very good oil and a very good non paper/non fiber end cap oil filter.

However, I like 5w-30/5w-40 synthetic (any decent brand) and a P1 filter in the truck.

I use 10w-30 during the summer when a sweet enough deal on 10w-30 is there, however my preference is for the aforementioned varieties.

My current fill is 5w-30 Pennzoil Ultra and the Fram Extended Guard filter.

My previous fill was QSUD 10w-30 and a P1 filter.

If you're concerned about leaks, try Valvoline Maxlife Synthetic. You can get it off Walmart.com for a decent price with very low shipping. I think 97 cent shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back