Delo 400 LE Synthetic 5w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good deal on the Delo 5w40 at Costco. I was buying the Delo 15w40 at my Costco (6 gallon jugs per case) but my Costco doesn't carry the Delo 15w40 any longer, don't know why?

T-5 is out and first OCI with the Delo 400LE is in. I had one Napa Pro-Select filter left, so I opted to used that for this first 5k OCI and see what the results are when I get a UOA. I cut open the Pro-Select I had on and was happy to see it wasn't a combo valve design. All that's left to do now is mail in my virgin oil sample and to drive.
19.gif
I was getting around 500 miles per tank of gas with 10w30 and a pretty consistant driving style, so I'll be curious to see how the 5w40 effects my mpg.

Originally Posted By: GoalieFergy53
I was getting around 500 miles per tank of gas with 10w30

What mpg was that equivilant to?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GoalieFergy53
Just checked the local Costco Business Center (luckily my dad has a membership!) and they have the Delo 5w40 for under $20 for a gallon. I think that settles my debate!

THANK YOU FOR THAT INFO!! I will be changing over to Delo 5w-40 after reading the VOA. Its an incredbile oil, better than the Mobil 5w-50 turbo desiel oil... and cheaper too!

[Linked Image]

I think this is the best sleeper oil. I just put it in a vehicle that had a tick forever, and that vehicle saw many 5w30/5w40/10w30/10w40 synthetic oils with little to no improvement. With Delo 5w40 XSP the improvement was immediate and unexpected, which is why I'm sharing this info, maybe helps someone. It's been 1000 miles since the oil change and tick has not returned. And that tick has always been present even with Mobil1 HM and Rotella T6 oils. Im impressed and will stick to it at least in that vehicle.

P.S. Oil filters are always the same OEM for that vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back