How much PS fluid needed for Honda Accord flush ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody know how many ounces of Power Steering fluid do I need to flush (drain/refill) for a 2006 Accord SE ?
21.gif

I notice Advance Auto Parts now sells their own PS fluid for Hondas. Would you use the AAP fluid or just buy the Honda fluid ?

I have used non Honda PS fluid in a 05 pilot AAP and AZ fluid both spec for Honda and no problems with drain and fills at every oil change for about 90K now.

My Honda's ps fluid reservoir holds half a quart, the whole system cant be over 2 quarts...

I suggest to buy several qts. You can always return whatever you don't need, even if you buy it at AAP with coupon code online. Best to have plenty for a thorough flush. What is your flush procedure?

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Anybody know how many ounces of Power Steering fluid do I need to flush (drain/refill) for a 2006 Accord SE ?
21.gif

Buy three 12-oz bottles. You'll use most of the third one.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
I notice Advance Auto Parts now sells their own PS fluid for Hondas. Would you use the AAP fluid or just buy the Honda fluid ?

Use Honda fluid ONLY. Even if they're rated "Honda compatible", aftermarket fluids are the ones that cause damage to the seals, and cause leaks. OE fluid never causes leaks.
Ever priced a new Honda rack? It's NOT worth the few dollars in savings to use aftermarket fluids.

Different car, but my subaru used about a quart for a flush. I wouldn't expect the volumes to be very different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back