They Call it "Lucas" Oil Stabilizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bodeh6

This guy uses M1 15W-50 and Lucas Oil Stabilizer in a 2000 Dodge Caravan. That is a thick combo.

ahhh, now I will have nightmares...

I think that the oil companies pay Lucas to haul that junk away, and Lucas bottles it and sells it to truck drivers. Who has a higher IQ, a truck driver or a house painter?

OK I know not all truck drivers are dummies.

Originally Posted By: hooligan24
^ he even says he recommends overfilling all engines by 2-3 quarts...eek

That is because he used Lucas in the first place which caused his rings and valve guides to wear which in turn caused his engine to burn more oil, so now he has to use thicker oil and more of it.

Originally Posted By: Loobed

I think that the oil companies pay Lucas to haul that junk away, and Lucas bottles it and sells it to truck drivers. Who has a higher IQ, a truck driver or a house painter?

Hey, hey, hey!! I own and drive a semi truck and I resemble that remark!

Seriously though, it is amazing the number of truck drivers that swear by Lucas OS. I never did. Gave it a thought or two several years ago, but never used it.

Gonna be mighty hard for Lucas to claim I need the stuff. I put 1.4 million miles on my last engine and it was never opened up for repairs. Still got respectable fuel mileage and was reasonable on oil consumption. I have 751,000 miles on my present engine with UOA's looking as good as when it had 300,000 miles. Just using Allied Oil and Supply HDEO 15w40 at under $10 a gallon delivered to the house free of charge.

Originally Posted By: TiredTrucker
Originally Posted By: Loobed

Hey, hey, hey!! I own and drive a semi truck and I resemble that remark!

Seriously though, it is amazing the number of truck drivers that swear by Lucas OS. I never did. Gave it a thought or two several years ago, but never used it.

Gonna be mighty hard for Lucas to claim I need the stuff. I put 1.4 million miles on my last engine and it was never opened up for repairs. Still got respectable fuel mileage and was reasonable on oil consumption. I have 751,000 miles on my present engine with UOA's looking as good as when it had 300,000 miles. Just using Allied Oil and Supply HDEO 15w40 at under $10 a gallon delivered to the house free of charge.

Yea and I'm a house painter, and not happy with that remark either. Actually I'm a small business owner.
smile.gif
Loobed has been around a while so I'll hold back any further comments.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Donald
And if one was a truck painter?

Now you're talking Rocket Scientist.
smile.gif

crackmeup2.gif
"This stuff will really silence an engine.....and overfilling 2-3 quarts every time." As in, silence the engine permanently. Thanks for this, I needed a ha ha.

That is the worst episode of The Red Green Show ever. No wonder they never aired it.
smirk.gif

Originally Posted By: Spazdog

That is the worst episode of The Red Green Show ever. No wonder they never aired it.
smirk.gif

So he is always using 15W50 no matter what the owners manual calls for, pouring it into what he called the manifold, overfilling by 2 quarts and also pours in 2 quarts of Lucas to "silence" the engine. When he says "silence" does he mean kill the engine??

It also seemed he was using the wrong side wrench to remove the drain plug as he changed sizes when installing the new one. Or maybe the new drain plug actually had a different size hex head?

He ought to fill out a job application at Jiffy Lube.

PS - I give him credit for being a good son and changing Mom's oil.

Originally Posted By: Donald

It also seemed he was using the wrong side wrench to remove the drain plug as he changed sizes when installing the new one. Or maybe the new drain plug actually had a different size hex head?

I was thinking the same thing. Chrysler did have a nasty habit of sticking a fractional fastener here and there on an otherwise metric vehicle but I'm fairly certain that when they did use a fractional drain plug, it was 5/8ths. Not 11/16ths

I just joined, and I've had my eyes opened regarding Lucas! I didn't realize it was such a rip-off & actually possibly harmful. However, I'm about 2 days late; I just did an oil change with Quaker State & Lucas. Should I drain it and just put in oil, or let it ride until 3000 miles?
I have a 98 Mustang with 191k miles.
Thanks for your help!

Go with the 3K. You could always do a UOA at 3K and let us know.

Lesson to be learned is, no additives in the oil. If you want better (or best) oil with premium additive packages, then buy high quality synthetic oil.

Many people here buy the 5 QT jugs (I am waiting for the 6 QT jug) of PP, or PU or Mobil 1 at Walymart. Cost effective high quality synthetic oil.

If I win lotto (and I have a [censored] in Math so I know the odds) then it will be 100% Amsoil in all my vehicles. For now its Amsoil in the transmission, transfer case and diffs.

wish i woulda read this thread 2 weeks ago.i bought a litre of lucas at cdn tire to give it a try.soon as engine fired up the lifters started bangin away for a good 10 seconds.engine quieted down soon as oil got warm.so i let truck sit overnight to try a cooler start,same [censored] only 20 seconds of bangin.let engine warm up then dumped the oil and put fresh oil in.what a waste of a good oil change.

welcome2.gif

Sorry to hear that. I think almost all Lucas products are snake oils, more or less. There are some good companies that you can trust most if not all their products, to name a few: Lubegard, Lubro Moly, Mobil oil, gear fluid and ATF ...

I have been pleased with lucas oil stabilizer for a long time. More than 50,000 miles with adding the stuff. I think it helps........ A LOT.

230,000miles. I started driving my jeep since I was 16 when it had around 90,000miles.

Originally Posted By: southernjeeper
I have been pleased with lucas oil stabilizer for a long time. More than 50,000 miles with adding the stuff. I think it helps........ A LOT.

230,000miles. I started driving my jeep since I was 16 when it had around 90,000miles.

Why do you think it needed Lucas to make it that far? My old 302HO has similar mileage and has never seen Lucas in its life. It's also seen 7,000RPM a few times and makes 100HP more than stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back