Oil for 98 Sea Doo XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like I read that this model with it's high output 2 cylinder, two cycle needs some great 2 cycle oil better than the normal TCW. Like full synthetic?

Is this true?

sea doo recommends that you run only their oil. I have several friends and i have personally used other stuff with zero issues. I've use the super tech, amsoil, pennzoil and mercury tcw3 oils.

You cannot use TCW-3 oil in a Sea-doo. Why does this silliness continue?
spankme2.gif

Having raced a few SeaDoo's over the years, I can speak from experience. Quality oils will extend engine life. In particular, piston ring wear over the exhaust port area. Lower quality oils will not cause other issues with SeaDoo's. But the ring wear is a known issue.

Any EG-D oil is likely to be good enough. I tried many different oils in an attempt to reduce ring wear. Redline Racing Oil was not good due to corrosion issues. Golden Spectro worked quite well. As did the Factory oil. Mobil 1 MX2t (no longer in production) was the absolute best. Castrol TT-S also worked quite well.

As odd as it seems, the Bombardier oil was not more expensive when purchased by the gallon.

I had a 1996 XP which had the 800 motors with RAVE valves. I know he 98 XP has the 951 motor with RAVE valves also. I had great luck running the Amsoil Interceptor 2-Stroke oil in my ski. Kept the RAVE valves clean and free from gumming up.

I havd a modified 2004 RXP now. I just run the Sea-Doo brand oil.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back