Coolant recommendation for my F150

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would stick with G-05 since that is what I assume is in it already and you can get it at NAPA. Not to say that Peak Global is not good. But why mix if there is no need.

Originally Posted By: renegade_987
thanks guys, I think I'll go with Zerex G0-5.

Zerex G-05 or Motorcraft Gold. Don't use any other than these for your truck. Zerex makes Motorcraft Gold coolant for Ford. If this is the first coolant change for your truck, you may want to use the Zerex Super Flush. I did mine at 47k miles and there was some rust colored sludge in the system.

Originally Posted By: boxcartommie22
stay away from go5 go with peak final charge...ford not recommending go5 anymore...ford uses orange now in all vehicles and back spec...

I don't even know what to say, I'm just speechless. Instead I will just post some links.

http://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubricants.com/main/quickref/scuc_English.pdf

The website that pdf is located on is the site for the Ford Customer Service Division's Motorcraft Chemicals and Lubricants U.S. Catalog.

Also on: http://www.fordparts.com/Products/Chemicals-EngineProducts-Coolants.aspx (scroll down a little to find the Motorcraft® Specialty Orange Engine Coolant With Bittering Agent)

"Do not use this product in systems originally equipped with any green-colored, conventional engine coolant, such as Motorcraft® Premium Engine Coolant, meeting Ford Specification ESE-M97B44-A, or with the yellow-colored, longer-life Motorcraft® Premium Gold engine coolant meeting Ford Specification WSS-M97B51-A1"

Ford currently has no back spec'd orange into anything. We have to follow the charts. Their current stance is any new engine design is compatible with orange. They will not introduce orange into existing engines until they pass certain reliability tests for sealing system compatibility.

final charge is nothing like fords orange coolant its a universal coolant(oat) and will mix and go in any coolant..it has none of the nitrites,borates,silicates and phos.in it and no 2dha either...it protects everything!!and whats coming down in the future for all vehicles....i took all the go5 out of my vehicles and the green in one..they all have final charge in them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back